COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that ever since news of this spreading in China, i now notice how nasty some people are. Coughing with not covering their mouth, sneezing into their hand, and no remorse with going into close quarters with people when obviously sick. I had three parents at my kid’s karate class observing in a sardine can of on an area and hacking their lungs up and sneezing. I mean i think your kid will understand if you can’t watch the class because you are sick. If this thing does spread around here, we are in trouble.

Not to mention that people aren't going to want to go get checked out because of the cost. This guy had a work trip to China got sick and went to the hospital and now has a 1.4K+ bill for a negative test.

How many are going to do the right thing and go get tested if it could possibly cost them 1.4K+ at minimum or if they are positive get stuck in quarantine for who knows how long racking up bills and missing out on wages? And then you the President on twitter downplaying it and have guys like Rush saying "it's just like having a cold". If it's just a "cold" why would I risk getting checked on and getting stuck with over a thousand dollars in bills for a negative test?

We are screwed.

Watching Larry Kudlow on CNBC answering questions about CDC's statements today and Trump's statements today and being caught in the middle was like watching my grandparents have sex.

Wait...you watch your grandparents have sex? Uh...ok. Different strokes.

:hihi:

So what are some things I should start doing to prepare for this eventuality? I've been keeping up with the news, but really haven't done anything to prepare. I live in San Antonio and have followed the quarantined cases for the Diamond Princess passengers they brought here. Seems like that's under control as they're all accounted for, so not worried about spreading from that source, but I can see it's coming eventually.

Also, my parents are both over 70 and live alone in New Orleans. My sister lives in Cape Coral, FL. What type of preparations should we be making with them.

Any insight or help would be appreciated.

PS, I ate a traditional Dim Sum restaurant this past Sunday. Place with packed, so it doesn't seem like fear has gripped this city yet. Food was great too.

Prepare for the potential to be stuck at home for a lengthy amount of time. So food and water.

You can consider things like masks in case there are unchecked outbreaks near you.

You can use this as an excuse to stock up on ammo and possibly buy a flame thrower.

giphy.gif
Hilarious gif but it might trigger some. Reminder, please let’s keep this thread political free zone.

Prepare for the potential to be stuck at home for a lengthy amount of time. So food and water.

You can consider things like masks in case there are unchecked outbreaks near you.

You can use this as an excuse to stock up on ammo and possibly buy a flame thrower.

A flame thrower makes sense. Zombies are coming!

I have to say that ever since news of this spreading in China, i now notice how nasty some people are. Coughing with not covering their mouth, sneezing into their hand, and no remorse with going into close quarters with people when obviously sick. I had three parents at my kid’s karate class observing in a sardine can of on an area and hacking their lungs up and sneezing. I mean i think your kid will understand if you can’t watch the class because you are sick. If this thing does spread around here, we are in trouble.
People need to be loud clapped if not covering their mouth. Seriously. I plan to.

Trump happened to him.

Larry was a free-trader til the cows come home - for decades. Then Trump fires Gary Cohn and Larry all of a sudden starts talking about fair trade and the need to adjust the balance with China and boom . . . White House economic advisor.

Forgot about that. Yep. People make weird decisions sometimes.

Dow down 300 to start the day. Kudlow - “US has contained Coronavirus and economy looking good”. Dow now down 600.

He's still on CNBC. Just recommended people to buy stocks because markets are a lot cheaper than they were 10 days ago.
Girl on CNBC, "Larry, they're a lot cheaper than they were 10 minutes ago, we're down more than 600 points."

So what are some things I should start doing to prepare for this eventuality? I've been keeping up with the news, but really haven't done anything to prepare. I live in San Antonio and have followed the quarantined cases for the Diamond Princess passengers they brought here. Seems like that's under control as they're all accounted for, so not worried about spreading from that source, but I can see it's coming eventually.

Also, my parents are both over 70 and live alone in New Orleans. My sister lives in Cape Coral, FL. What type of preparations should we be making with them.

Any insight or help would be appreciated.

PS, I ate a traditional Dim Sum restaurant this past Sunday. Place with packed, so it doesn't seem like fear has gripped this city yet. Food was great too.
Buy food that can be stored for a while (Tuna, sardines, beans, rice). Tell your parent to get meds if they require them. I would buy some excess pain meds if need be. I also posted what I bought from Costco in this thread. Check out my posting history for it.

if you need some help with parents, I can assist this one time. I live here in NOLA.

Last edited:
They’re both in Schengen. They have no border between whatsoever, geographical, immigration, imaginary, none.
If you read the link, you'd understand they were talking about air travel and it was poor word choice on the tweet. Therefore your statement is nit picking and/or ignorant.

Dow down 300 to start the day. Kudlow - “US has contained Coronavirus and economy looking good”. Dow now down 600.

Bagdad Bob.

This administration is right now in crisis mode and have absolutely no idea what to do.

Wait til they start just doing things to do them to give impressions they are in control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom