COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would buy some excess pain meds if need be.
I was in Walgreens yesterday. Pain relievers with fever reduction properties were suspiciously empty on the shelves. Too small a sample size to be certain, but I've never seen almost all of the selection gone.

Forgot about that. Yep. People make weird decisions sometimes.

To Larry's credit, he did have a notoriously raging cocaine habit in the 90s.

Bagdad Bob.

This administration is right now in crisis mode and have absolutely no idea what to do.

Wait til they start just doing things to do them to give impressions they are in control.
Or they could scream that sheet has hit the fan and push the abandon ship button like in Spaceballs. Just remember gents, protect yourselves and loved ones. Do not wait for the government to do it for you...you might not like how they do it.

I was in Walgreens yesterday. Pain relievers with fever reduction properties were suspiciously empty on the shelves. Too small a sample size to be certain, but I've never seen almost all of the selection gone.
I got mine at Costco.

Prepare for the potential to be stuck at home for a lengthy amount of time. So food and water.

You can consider things like masks in case there are unchecked outbreaks near you.

You can use this as an excuse to stock up on ammo and possibly buy a flame thrower.
In addition to food and water, don't forget about toilet paper!

Pretty much the basics that you would buy on any given trip to the store. Just have enough stockpiled. Things that won't go bad for a while and that you'll use anyway.

Get on Amazon pantry, buy a bunch of nuts, tuna and box foods. Then grab the large generic ibuprofen and acetominaphen. Also, a good stock of antacids for those that need it. You can get large packs of wet toilet wipes cheap that don't take up as much space as toilet paper. Next you can still grab some disposable gloves, pretty sure decent masks are long gone and reports are the ones that are on there aren't shipping. Stock up on bleach, chlorox wipes and you can even grab pool shock as James suggested since it takes up less space and lasts longer.

For the local grocery stores, grab potatoes, rice, beans, canned goods, frozen foods.

I wouldn't go crazy, just a few hundred dollars worth of stuff that you will eventually use anyway. It's no risk prepping.

Or they could scream that shirt has hit the fan and push the abandon ship button like in Spaceballs. Just remember gents, protect yourselves and loved ones. Do not wait for the government to do it for you...you might not like how they do it.

No they could have addressed this week or two ago when it was clear that it broke out China.

And reminded folks of dos and don't and reassure everyone they will do everything possible to mitigate. They could have gone to Congress for the billions to start then instead of waiting to see.

Now the only play is either lie that all is good, or admit shirt hits fan.

Two extremes left. There is no middle ground. That window closed.

Italy with another death, takes it to 11. It sure looks like they have a whole lot more cases to find based on number of deaths and number of people from Italy testing positive abroad.

Italy with another death, takes it to 11. It sure looks like they have a whole lot more cases to find based on number of deaths and number of people from Italy testing positive abroad.

At this point I simply refer to the 2 to 3 % mortality rate. It seems to be holding that level so with 11, you would expect somewhere around 500 cases maybe more depending on other factors.

At this point I simply refer to the 2 to 3 % mortality rate. It seems to be holding that level so with 11, you would expect somewhere around 500 cases maybe more depending on other factors.
Unfortunately it's probably a whole lot more than that. Deaths lag cases because it takes people 2-6 weeks to die. When you see the exponential growth in charts like Italy and SK, the deaths should be trailing. In Italy and Iran the deaths are running ahead of confirmed cases which means we'll see a whole lot more cases.

Get on Amazon pantry, buy a bunch of nuts, tuna and box foods. Then grab the large generic ibuprofen and acetominaphen. Also, a good stock of antacids for those that need it. You can get large packs of wet toilet wipes cheap that don't take up as much space as toilet paper. Next you can still grab some disposable gloves, pretty sure decent masks are long gone and reports are the ones that are on there aren't shipping. Stock up on bleach, chlorox wipes and you can even grab pool shock as James suggested since it takes up less space and lasts longer.

For the local grocery stores, grab potatoes, rice, beans, canned goods, frozen foods.

I wouldn't go crazy, just a few hundred dollars worth of stuff that you will eventually use anyway. It's no risk prepping.
I think that was super (or blackngold) who made that suggestion. All good items, great post.

Buy food that can be stored for a while (Tuna, sardines, beans, rice). Tell your parent to get meds if they require them. I would buy some excess pain meds if need be. I also posted what I bought from Costco in this thread. Check out my posting history for it.

if you need some help with parents, I can assist this one time. I live here in NOLA.

Thank you for the offer. My parents are healthy, mobile and able to take care of themselves, so they can prepare and get things they need now. My concern was more if I should arrange something with them to come stay with me or my sister at some point, and when that point would be. Being that they're older, I'd hate for them to get sick and be alone in New Orleans without either of us there.

No they could have addressed this week or two ago when it was clear that it broke out China.

And reminded folks of dos and don't and reassure everyone they will do everything possible to mitigate. They could have gone to Congress for the billions to start then instead of waiting to see.

Now the only play is either lie that all is good, or admit shirt hits fan.

Two extremes left. There is no middle ground. That window closed.
The government always moves slow. The only times the government moves fast is to engage in war and spying...I won’t comment on this topic anymore as to not derail this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom