COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
China appears to be attempting a quarantine of a city of 11 million people. It might be the largest quarantine in history?

Scenes from Wuhan:

And possibly case in Russia:

Last edited:
Well, China sure does know how to respond to something the way they want to, with no options for ignoring it. Well, I guess people can, but they're pretty punitive about it.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but nice seeing everyone wearing masks. We can't even get sick people going to work, who shouldn't, to wear a forking mask at least.

Well, China sure does know how to respond to something the way they want to, with no options for ignoring it. Well, I guess people can, but they're pretty punitive about it.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but nice seeing everyone wearing masks. We can't even get sick people going to work, who shouldn't, to wear a forking mask at least.

The hospitals in Wuhan are so full of fever and pneumonia cases that they’re sending people home. If those people are all infected, this thing spreads easily. Hopefully the mortality remains low - that’s a saving grace (so far).

More on the snake theory. This sheet is fascinating and scary as fork

Looks like Cheech and Chong outside that apartment. I read that the city also has a bio weapon lab there. Uh oh.

And they’re talking about nine days of latency followed by a period of mild symptoms - before it gets more serious. That long latency makes containment very difficult. And those in quarantine are going to have to stay there for the better part of two weeks even if they are asymptomatic. Yikes that’s awful.

One of the people that has the virus in Hong Kong was travelling with someone else continued on to Manilla, one of the most populous places on Earth that is currently dealing with Taal Volcano. At least they already have masks I guess.

What's going on today:

- China now has another city under quarantine, Huanggang.
- Total cases at 640 with no new fatalities.
- Situation in Wuhan described as "like the end of the world" and with "many sick people."

For some good news, however, is that now more than three weeks into the outbreak, Chinese medical officials expect mortality to remain low - the virus isn't particularly lethal, no more so than typical flu. The deaths to date have been "co-mortality" - patients who are either elderly or living with other medical conditions that substantially degrade their body's ability to fight off the virus.

It's strange that we're seeing and hearing of overrun hospitals in Wuhan and authorities closing off another city - but yet, the total case number grew by just 50 or so. Either we're going to see large jumps in the case count or they're actually testing negative for the virus and it's more a matter of hysteria.

One of the people that has the virus in Hong Kong was travelling with someone else continued on to Manilla, one of the most populous places on Earth that is currently dealing with Taal Volcano. At least they already have masks I guess.

It was actually a family, and I think five of them continued on to Manila.

New case in Singapore.

This is big. The right thing to do probably but big news nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom