COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (22 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say go for it. I ordered a box of medical gloves, masks, and hospital-grade disinfectant from Amazon. They’re not that expensive so if you don’t need them, store them for the next global outbreak. When the run starts you’ll be ahead of the game.

They're relatively cheap on Amazon. With my luck I'll get the cheapest version that tears and catch it anyway. Oh well. If I'm going out, Chinese bat virus isn't the worst way. Damn you, Wuhan market.

I say go for it. I ordered a box of medical gloves, masks, and hospital-grade disinfectant from Amazon. They’re not that expensive so if you don’t need them, store them for the next global outbreak. When the run starts you’ll be ahead of the game.
save your money on disinfectants. Household bleach will kill any virus or bacteria known to man. The beauty is they can never
develop immunity to it. be careful when using it though/ All it takes is one ounce per gallon of water. Most people don't realize
how strong bleach is and over do it.

https://www.info.gov.hk/info/sars/en/useofbleach.htm

Cities outside of Hubei are going into lockdown - Shantou is on the coast, nowhere near Wuhan.

CNN now reporting over 2000 cases and at least 56 dead. The near linear 50% daily increase in numbers of cases and deaths seems very odd, particularly with thousands of doctors going into Wuhan from around China and they are still being overwhelmed. If the official numbers are right, then each doctor would only have to confirm 1 new case every few days. The real numbers are probably absurdly higher.

Also, pretty cool page to track the cases.

Last edited:
Well fork. Appears to spread in latent phase.

Yikes. That would mean there's a WHOLE bunch of virus sitting out there waiting to bust loose into action. I swear I need to stop clicking on this thread because every time I do, the news gets just a bit more worrisome.

Yikes. That would mean there's a WHOLE bunch of virus sitting out there waiting to bust loose into action. I swear I need to stop clicking on this thread because every time I do, the news gets just a bit more worrisome.
Definately stay away from reddit then. Couldn't sleep so I read through the various caronavirus threads, drift off, and then wake up with with my son's cold. Yay.

The key to when to worry remains if/when we see new infections in North America among people who weren’t in Wuhan. Until that starts to happen there will remain good basis to presume it’s not an immediate concern for most Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom