COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG *facepalm* A friend on my FB feed just said, "This deadly virus is spreading and truthfully I wouldn’t want to fly or cruise anywhere." One of her college-educated friends responded to her....

... I am NOT kidding....

"Stay away from chinese food too"

Sadly, that response is common. Chinese restaurants in NYC and London are reporting 50% reduction in business.

Not Wuhan - Miramar, California. At base where evacuees are quarantined.

That makes sense. Getting vaccines or any other meds to market takes a long time because of all the red tape they have to go through. I guess the real question is what kind of side effects it will have.

I don't have any idea what expidited timelines would be for the FDA to approve the vaccine. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Here is a good example for you. A study from back in 2012 when they were trying to make a SARS vaccine. They were able to get mice to show antibody titers to it (putative immunity). But when the mce were exposed to the wild SARS virus they ended up with immunopathology. Basically their immune systems went hyperactive and it caused problems in their lungs. Not that this will happen with any new covid vaccine. Just that it is an example of unforeseen problems when developing these things. We simply do not know how the immune system will respond until it's tested thoroughly. Hopefully they can find something that works sooner than later that isn't too harsh.

Here is an important excerpt.

"That lung disease exhibited the characteristics of a Th2-type immunopathology with eosinophils in the lung sections suggesting hypersensitivity that was reminiscent of the descriptions of the Th2-type immunopathologic reaction in young children given an inactivated RSV vaccine and subsequently infected with naturally-occurring RSV [32][33]. Most of these children experienced severe disease with infection that led to a high frequency of hospitalizations; two children died from the infection [33], [40], [41]. The conclusion from that experience was clear; RSV lung disease was enhanced by the prior vaccination. Subsequent studies in animal models that are thought to mimic the human experience indicate RSV inactivated vaccine induces an increased CD4+ T lymphocyte response, primarily of Th2 cells and the occurrence of immune complex depositions in lung tissues."

Last edited:
That makes sense. Getting vaccines or any other meds to market takes a long time because of all the red tape they have to go through. I guess the real question is what kind of side effects it will have.

I don't have any idea what expidited timelines would be for the FDA to approve the vaccine. Should be interesting to see how it turns out.

Not just "red tape" but the rest of the science required to produce an actual vaccine people can use.

Not Wuhan - Miramar, California. At base where evacuees are quarantined.

looks like the cleaning crew, no?

i mean dude has a vaccuum, 2 others have spray bottles...News media be like" OMGZ".

ok and the LAST person has a trash bag....lolololol

i mean dude has a vaccuum, 2 others have spray bottles...News media be like" OMGZ".

Yes, I agree it is a disinfection operation. But it's still quite a sight - when have you ever seen a "cleaning crew" dressed like that?

New mass quarantine in Vietnam.

One of my buddies just returned from a vacay to Vietnam. She flew back yesterday & arrived home last night, safe & sound. I was worried about whether they would let her back in the United States. #relieved #grateful.

People go flippin' ape over hazmat suits. It's led everyone to think COVID-19 is an instant killer like a cyanide tablet. From what I can tell, it's (deep breath) ... easily treatable (snap!) even if you are one of the ~20% that even gets real symptoms. That's what I believe right now, anyway.

Dealing with black mold, entrenched mildew, pulling up heavily soiled carpet, etc. It's not that shocking, really. It's just more manipulation ... more images meant to shock.

It's just an image of what is happening there right now. It was taken by person there at the housing facility and shared with local news.

Whether someone is shocked by it depends on the viewer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom