COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree it is a disinfection operation. But it's still quite a sight - when have you ever seen a "cleaning crew" dressed like that?

The ebola outbreak a few years back. They look exactly like the crew cleaning up that apartment in Texas.

Also, asbestos remediation crews as well.

"All the time"? At residential housing? Where do you live - the Congo?

Hmmm... deja vú

Anyway, I don't live in the Congo, no. And yes, whenever there is any material or condition that is deemed hazardous, like asbestos, mold, etc, it is not unusual to see cleaning crews wearing protective clothing. The clothing in the video doesn't even look like hazmat clothing. It looks like the stuff you buy at Lowe's or Home Depot in the paint department.

Auto-Painting.jpg

Hmmm... deja vú

Anyway, I don't live in the Congo, no. And yes, whenever there is any material or condition that is deemed hazardous, like asbestos, mold, etc, it is not unusual to see cleaning crews wearing protective clothing. The clothing in the video doesn't even look like hazmat clothing. It looks like the stuff you buy at Lowe's or Home Depot in the paint department.

Auto-Painting.jpg

Yeah, this actually makes me feel better. They are just wearing tyvek suits. Not full on hazmat with SCBA like they did on the video on the plane ride over.

Hmmm... deja vú

Auto-Painting.jpg

When I first started changing diapers I would go in looking something like these guys in the hazmat suits.

Are you serious?

per the tweet "waiting to hear exactly whats going on".

Well, just by the video, its pretty obvious.

Housekeeping in a quarantine zone. Thats it. Nothing more "nefarious" happening. They arent removing a body in parts to put in that storage bin for disposal.

Yes, I agree it is a disinfection operation. But it's still quite a sight - when have you ever seen a "cleaning crew" dressed like that?

my post was in reference to the actual tweet substance of ""waiting on CDC to find out exactly whats going on".

They could have left that out all together until they received word. But chose to put that in there and now have 100s of local wondering.

my reply was more to the "sensationalism" of the tweet than anything else.

Documenting in case true. Someone with perhaps some connection to government made this posting on a forum I frequent:

“Morning update:

2 Places worth watching today....

Brighton, UK

Houston, Texas

I have already talked about Brighton, so here is what I know about Houston. Apparently, 2 confirmed cases are thought to be in Houston after they flew from Atlanta to New Orleans and then drove to Houston. They are either going to turn up in a hospital, or they are fleeing south of Houston. No information on when they flew into Atlanta, or from what country.”

Any chance this is linked to the previous post regarding two people flying from Atlanta to New Orleans, then driving to Houston?

This interactive map is pretty cool.

"Turquoise arcs travel around the globe in a 3D map that illustrates the spread of the 2019-nCoV (commonly referred to as coronavirus) strain around the world.

A United Nations aviation agency built the 3DFX Dispersion map, which shows the movement of the virus around the world via air traffic routes from Wuhan, China."

How do I know I don't have the coronavirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom