COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
All is still very calm here in Florida. Just stopped by sams this morning and shelves are completely stocked. Was at home depot the other day as well and plenty of masks there as well.

I was in DCA (Reagan National) yesterday (flew to Charleston) and I didn't see any masks in use. I think people are generally calm.

I have been checking on masks though - I'd like to grab another box. I haven't been able to find them in five stores in the Charleston area, three stores in Maryland, one store in West Virginia, and one store in Virginia. (All were drug stores, so a store like Sams might be a better source).

N-95 masks are good but if they are not available are regular type of masks good as well? Any help will be much appreciated.

I was in DCA (Reagan National) yesterday (flew to Charleston) and I didn't see any masks in use. I think people are generally calm.

I have been checking on masks though - I'd like to grab another box. I haven't been able to find them in five stores in the Charleston area, three stores in Maryland, one store in West Virginia, and one store in Virginia. (All were drug stores, so a store like Sams might be a better source).

nothing at sams.

Try Lowes/HD.

N-95 masks are good but if they are not available are regular type of masks good as well? Any help will be much appreciated.

Regular mask won't be effective. You'll need respirators with and N-95 rating or higher.

They're not sufficient for airborne particles, but they will create some level of prevention of face-touching, which is a huge problem. So they will do some good, just not complete.

neither good for extended use

the issue is more of the "seal" N95, flu fighters etc....they wont form a seal around your face. So outside air still getting inside your mask.

The perfume test is what you do to make sure a seal is there. Mist , walk into , if you can smell or taste, no seal.

I have both along with some p100s. i would use the N95 for minimal outdoor exposure and the p100 for like if having to go to store amid an outbreak.

neither good for extended use

the issue is more of the "seal" N95, flu fighters etc....they wont form a seal around your face. So outside air still getting inside your mask.

The perfume test is what you do to make sure a seal is there. Mist , walk into , if you can smell or taste, no seal.

I have both along with some p100s. i would use the N95 for minimal outdoor exposure and the p100 for like if having to go to store amid an outbreak.
Thank you!!

They could be useful, but not nearly as effective as people think. Experts caution that they can give a false sense of security and possibly worsen a situation.

That said, most agree that if you are infected, they help to reduce your contamination of others via cough or sneeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom