COVID-19 Outbreak (Update: More than 2.9M cases and 132,313 deaths in US) (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RKNSaint 8F4BF330-AFB1-42DE-A9ED-39E4F099D90A.png

The CDC is working off a very narrow case definition. It calls for very limited testing. The most recent confirmed case in CA involves a person on a ventilator. The CDC refused for 4 days to test. Once they agreed, it took another 4 days to confirm infection. Wednesday to Wednesday. On a ventilator. 445 test conducted so far.

There are good reason for a narrow case definition and limited testing when we were only seeing infections in Hubei and China. That no longer the case and CDC has not adapted. The concern is that capacity to test is driving limited testing.

Thread's moving faster than I can read.

Has the 28 confirmed (?) cases in California been covered yet? Only good cite I could find was the San Francisco Chronicle newspaper behind a paywall -- could only view headline.

So here's where the Diamond Princess cases get tricky. I have reconciled the numbers and I'm 99% sure that the cases in California referred to in the press conference are not new cases. The most recently confirmed case was the one in Sacramento last night.

The rest of them are a small handful of cases in the state for some time now, plus a number of cases that have arisen from the Diamond Princess quarantine. The BNO tracker is reporting 60 US cases, 42 of which are the Diamond Princess. We were at 17 US cases before the new California case, so those numbers check out and are not new.

So here's where the Diamond Princess cases get tricky. I have reconciled the numbers and I'm 99% sure that the cases in California referred to in the press conference are not new cases. The most recently confirmed case was the one in Sacramento last night.

The rest of them are a small handful of cases in the state for some time now, plus a number of cases that have arisen from the Diamond Princess quarantine. The BNO tracker is reporting 60 US cases, 42 of which are the Diamond Princess. We were at 17 US cases before the new California case, so those numbers check out and are not new.
Got to be. Plus they dont normally announce cases while markets are open.

Got to be. Plus they dont normally announce cases while markets are open.
It was a press conference held by California governor Gavin (?) Newsom, as opposed to a CDC briefing or something. He did say 28 confirmed diagnoses ... but didn't specify new or old.

Ro3ZhJ9.jpg

I'm ready.

lawrence-kansas-police-tornado.png

Reddit warning. Anyone know Farsi? The audio file is in the comment section:

Voice message leaked from top levels of Iranian government indicating how dire the situation really is

Recently a voice message has been leaked in which it seems a top level Iranian health ministry official is telling his close friends how dire the situation really is. I will translate a summary of the message. He states that as of today (day of the recording) more than 10000 people are infected in Iran and 1400 are deceased. The minister of health handed his resignation to the president but was rejected. The outbreak began with a person flying in from China to Qom via Mahan airlines. Then it spread from Qom to Tehran and from Tehran to neighboring cities and provinces. Guilan,Rasht,Mazandaran,Tonekabon,Markazi,Qom,Karaj and Tehran are currently hot zones. The current conditions are considered optimal compared to what's about to come. A proposition has been sent to the country's security council to quarantine Tehran. Should the proposal be accepted, the quarantine will take effect as of Saturday. The virus has been present inside the country for about one month now but the government covered it up so "Bahman 22 Rallies" and "parliament elections" are not hindered due to fear of the outbreak.
Edit: read this comment thread for source

It was a press conference held by California governor Gavin (?) Newsom, as opposed to a CDC briefing or something. He did say 28 confirmed diagnoses ... but didn't specify new or old.
There are 3 cases in California which are not related to the ones brought in from outside the US for treatment. 1 was a guy who came from China, had self isolated himself at home. He is doing well. The second is his room mate/partner who he was with, this case was expected to happen. This last one that is on a ventilator at UC Davis is a 51 year old that as of this time have no idea where he got it, or anything like that. He’s the concerning one.

based on those bottles, you need to stop SIPPIN n start DRINKIN.

2 half empy Angels Envy????
Hows that High West? Seen it but never tried it.

surprised to not see any Basil Hayden. Slacker.

LOL like I said there's more. Those two Angel's Envy are two different bottles - regular, and the Rye.

The High West American Prairie is one of my favorite sub $40 bottles around. It's fantastic. And I think I do have some Basil Hayden around here somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom