WWE vs UFC (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
PWTorch.com - WWE/UFC NEWS: WWE exec describes UFC audience as "a lot of guys, cigars, and smoke" during investor presentation

In an attempt to dismiss UFC as competition, WWE CFO George Barrios painted a picture of WWE's audience being completely opposite UFC's audience during a presentation to potential investors this week.

"People always ask me, 'Well, what about UFC? Are they a competitor? Are they shaking a share?' Look, UFC - I've been to an event. It's a lot of guys, it's a lot of cigars, and a lot of smoke," Barrios described at the annual ROTH Capital Partners meeting for potential investors in California.
Sonnen struck back,

411mania.com: Wrestling - UFC

Thoughts? Who wins in a fight Vince or Dana? As a wrestling fan .............................I've got to go with Dana. Sonnen probably could do a hurting on Punk.

GW93

Original
Reaction score
I though UFC was legit MMA bouts, not staged stunt shows with a little soap opera thrown in, like WWE. I think that alone would give the edge to UFC.

bearze34

The Listener
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I though UFC was legit MMA bouts, not staged stunt shows with a little soap opera thrown in, like WWE. I think that alone would give the edge to UFC.
That is what the PRIDE fans thought as well. Underpaying guys that get beaten up like these guys do, having a woman with no legitimate competition and 1 UFC fight come in and make more than almost all of them, and getting cut from the roster without warning are all reasons for a person or two to throw a fight. Once it is proven to have happened the UFC will be done. Of course, DW and the Zumbas will trot off into the sunset with all that PPV money and laugh at everyone that plunked down $60 for that nonsense.

GhostFace

Boom Box
Reaction score
What edge? The guy is saying its a different audience. I don't know what you are talking about.
I think having a couple giant shows a week gives WWE the audience edge.

krushing

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wrestling and WWE needs more competition. Wrestling was exciting when there was 3 major groups (WWE, NWA, AWA) competing. WWE has gone stale. No good story lines. No long time rivalries. The only thing they can do to pull of a serious event like wrestle mania is pull back guys from the past. I think they need something fresh.

GhostFace

Boom Box
Reaction score
Wrestling and WWE needs more competition. Wrestling was exciting when there was 3 major groups (WWE, NWA, AWA) competing. WWE has gone stale. No good story lines. No long time rivalries. The only thing they can do to pull of a serious event like wrestle mania is pull back guys from the past. I think they need something fresh.

I agree.:9:

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
once wcw was purchased by the wwf, i lost all interest. i was pretty much onto ufc by then anyway. was a lot of fun to go to the pontch center to watch the fights before the city banned them. dicks.

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WWE is more fun.

But yeah I was a big WCW/NWO fan growing up, didn't care as much for WWF, at that time it was all about the "attitude" and being "extreme," and I just thought it was too much. WCW/NWO was more entertaining.

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
I don't watch or pay much attention to either, but I did find it comical that Brock Lesnar was able to have the success he did in UFC.

daninmn

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brock got exposed as a one dimensional fighter. His health issues didn't help him any either. He is a physical specimen but you need more than wrestling to make it in mma. He didn't handle getting hit very well. His size, strength and athleticism made him a tough match up for just about anyone, but his subpar striking and aversion to getting hit were too much to overcome at his age. The ufc overhyped him and fed him to the wolves instead of having him work his way up, and they made a ton of money and new fans because of it. I would have liked to seen what Brock could have been if he'd started MmA ten years earlier and trained at a legit camp.

ClayT101

Tee Retriever
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I watch both on TV, but from what I have heard, unless you are really close, UFC fights are not much fun to go to. WWF is entertainment, so it is fun to go to in person. Ironically, at WWF live events, you want to be further away so that you don't see how fake it is.

Reaction score
The best era of Wrestling was when the WWF and WCW were fighting over ratings. That was the golden era of modern day Wrestling IMO. But Vince McMahon has too much money. So he bought out the WCW so he could be the only show in town. In the end, that could prove to be the downfall of Wrestling. I think that Wrestling needs two big dog entities fighting over ratings to succeed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom