WWL 870 in Lafayette? (1 Viewer)

Hey Beerman

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So 870 comes in pretty poor here in Laffy, is there another station that broadcasts the Saints games that comes in better in Lafayette? Doesn't seem like 870 is as powerful as they claim.

Doesn't seem like 870 is as powerful as they claim.

it's wierd like that....i was getting it all the way up to northern alabama on my drive to NC.....my sister who lives there said she can get it sometimes late at night in raliegh

I get it pretty decent out here in Saint Martinville and for the most part in Lafayette(the parts i'm usually in close the University), although not on Kaliste Saloom(but I usually never go there much) it just has lots of static...I usually switch back and forth from 1420 and 870.....but yes the signal isn't the strongest and I find it comes in better in the evenings...

WWL hasn't been the same since Katrina. I used to be able to listen to it pretty much anywhere once the sun went down. Not so anymore.

Earlier this month I was getting 870 up in Canada, yet people cant get it in the same state.

I picked it up a couple of times when I was in Las Vegas.

I have trouble getting it in opelousas also... but I got it all the way in corpus christi before.

So 870 comes in pretty poor here in Laffy, is there another station that broadcasts the Saints games that comes in better in Lafayette? Doesn't seem like 870 is as powerful as they claim.

Well, here in Louisville, I can listen this time of year starting at about 6:30pm est which means I only miss the first 30 minutes of sports talk when I'm working. It's the only thing about the winter I like. Comes in real well

For me I can pick it up great on my rinky dink radio in the house its just my car antenna must not be working well......It works for the most part but then in some area it will just go out, always seems like right at a good part or the part you really want to hear....:no:

Yeah, WWL's reception in Lafayette is poor. I don't know enough about radio or electronics to know the reasons. But we seem just close enough to New Orleans not to benefit from whatever increases the station's range at night and just far enough away to get a weaker reception than does Baton Rouge or Houma. Plus, all the overhead utility wires in Lafayette hurt reception.

my dad listen's to WWL almost all the way to Atlanta when we go visit my sister there.

I get 870 all the way up here in Sioux City, but only comes in clear at night.I Listen to Deke on the way to work.

although not on Kaliste Saloom(but I usually never go there much) it just has lots of static...

That explains it, I live off of Kaliste and its all static here. I am really just looking for a local station or maybe a BR station that plays the 870 broadcast of Saints games that would come in clear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom