WWL Fans First Take (About Davenport and Hendrickson) (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Was listening this morning and they had Steve Geller on. They were asking about Davenport and Geller said he has done nothing of note so far this training camp and preseason and hasn’t been lighting it up but on the other hand Hendrickson has looked fast and angry and looks better. Watching the game he is a beast. They are holding him constantly.

Last edited:
Right now Hendrickson is the better player, Davenport, the higher ceiling.

Noticed Davenport is still plays better in the 2-point stance. Doesn't get low in either so we're starting to use more 2-point stance on passing downs and sometimes dropping him out in a zone-blitz.

Personally I'd start Hendrickson in the opener but I think the coaches will start Davenport and hope he grows into it. Again.

Hendrickson got very good pressure in first half, caused 2 holding calls against the Chargers

Right now Hendrickson is the better player, Davenport, the higher ceiling.

Noticed Davenport is still plays better in the 2-point stance. Doesn't get low in either so we're starting to use more 2-point stance on passing downs and sometimes dropping him out in a zone-blitz.

Personally I'd start Hendrickson in the opener but I think the coaches will start Davenport and hope he grows into it. Again.
If Davenport isn’t making strides by the opener you have to at least give Hendrickson serious playing time. He’s earning it and if you don’t reward and play the best player you are going to lose him mentally/attitudinally...he’ll get de-motivated.

The media is gushing over him. Henderickson that is. He deserve the attention. He has the talent. So far in camp most of the "potential sacks" were by him. His first year he was plagued by injuries and last year being behind Okafor and Davenport didn't help matter either. But this year he is playing with more feistiness. Hearing his interviews, he seems serious and more focus than ever. Man had 2 fights already. Love his competitive drive.

Watching the game now. MD put the LT on his butt. Has been getting chipped a lot since. Was one step short of getting a sack in the TD given.

Side note:
McCoy is gonna be a problem vs DTs & NTs. Has a knack to get to the 2nd level in a heartbeat! Murray is a loaaad! Poor Odhigbo getting blasted left n right lol. PS at best

Last edited:
would we have said that before Davenport went down last year?
almost certainly not
so either hendrickson has made a monumental leap or davenport is not all the way back yet
OR
it's still preseason

They said he lost weight, got quicker and is fully healthy. I think it’s a little bit of both of what you said. TH has taken the next step and MD is getting back in game shape. Regardless we are in a great position on the DE

I don't remember Davenport being so hot last year in preseason.​
Soph slump could be another thing​

Would any of us like to see Hendrickson become the next Ninkovich type? Or would we prefer to wait for Davenport become what we all would like to see and just play him over Hendrickson regardless?

On the SD TD, Davenport was on the QB in a flash and would have pummeled him had the safety not misread the coverage, allowing the QB to float one before getting pounded.

Seriously, watch how fast he’s on him and forces the throw.

Not his fault the back end didn’t read it correctly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom