WWL just ran the same three Jim Henderson with Mercedes Benz in a row (1 Viewer)

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

I went home to Picayune last week and spent a couple of days in New Orleans as well. I remember thinking of threads like these and dreading WWL radio as I think sports talk radio is pretty good around here (NC). Within a few minutes I found 106.1 The Ticket and thought it was great. If fact I listented to it 95% of the week.

106.1 The Ticket New Orleans

Sure it is alot of National stuff but to me I thought it was pretty good. Why try and listen to WWL and the commericals hoping to hear a breaking bit of Saints news??

I went home to Picayune last week and spent a couple of days in New Orleans as well. I remember thinking of threads like these and dreading WWL radio as I think sports talk radio is pretty good around here (NC). Within a few minutes I found 106.1 The Ticket and thought it was great. If fact I listented to it 95% of the week.

Sure it is alot of National stuff but to me I thought it was pretty good. Why try and listen to WWL and the commericals hoping to hear a breaking bit of Saints news??

I could handle their, um, "unique" brand of sports talk. It's the endless commercials that I can't stand. I might as well just turn off the radio and sit in silence.

I'd still love to know what this thread is about, btw.

I could handle their, um, "unique" brand of sports talk. It's the endless commercials that I can't stand. I might as well just turn off the radio and sit in silence.

the fact that WWL radio cant fill 3 spots with various ads....all 3 spots were same.

Telling? foreshadowing? things to come? idk.

I didn't find the commericials on the ticket any more so than sports talk up this way. I think it just comes with the territory though and something you have to deal with. What is the unique brand you mention? I must have missed it. I am assuming we are both talking the ticket vs WWL.

ps

Not sure about this thread either. I guess WWL played the same commerical 3x in a row??

I usually listen to Jim Rome show.

It's the endless commercials that I can't stand.

Someone on the boards (in another WWL bashing thread) said there's about 20 minutes of actual programming per hour on WWL.....the rest is commecials and news. If that is accurate, you have roughly a 2/3 shot at tuning in when a commercial is playing!

:jpshakehead:

I didn't find the commericials on the ticket any more so than sports talk up this way. I think it just comes with the territory though and something you have to deal with. What is the unique brand you mention? I must have missed it. I am assuming we are both talking the ticket vs WWL.

ps

Not sure about this thread either. I guess WWL played the same commerical 3x in a row??

Sorry, I was completely not clear; I was talking about WWL. Their "unique brand" of sports talk is Bobby/Deke/etc. And, of course, I was talking about their endless commercials. I think what Bayouboy said (2/3 commercials 1/3 sports talk) might even be a bit generous. It's ridiculous.

Someone on the boards (in another WWL bashing thread) said there's about 20 minutes of actual programming per hour on WWL.....the rest is commecials and news. If that is accurate, you have roughly a 2/3 shot at tuning in when a commercial is playing!

:jpshakehead:

that was me.

I literally timed it from 4:45 to 5:45 which is my commute home. Without a doubt it was like 23 min of actual talk. rest was news, updates, and commercials.

At one point, they came back on, took a call and within a minute, they were playing the "going to commercial music" while the caller was still talking. It was insane.

I like wwl...Bobby tell it like it is lol...and their true new Orleans, every one has commercials thats how u keep the light on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom