WWL Radio tweets homophobic slur about WWL sports reporter Seth Dunlap (3 Viewers)

I really wish you and others stop with this narrative. No one implied Brees is a bigot, anti-gay, etc... on the contrary, because he's never been a person shown to be a bigot or acted like one, people simply pointed out he should be more careful of the organizations he associates with.

it's strange, right?

the topic has to be changed in order for people to clamber on up their respective soapboxes. Because, as it stands in realty as you note above, there's really no grandstanding, self-righteous indignation opportunity.

What ends up happening is that you have a group of people who complain about people manufacturing victimization in order to push a narrative without realizing that they, themselves, are manufacturing a position in order to push a narrative. The fact that this thread has been twisted in a such a way is illustrative of that hypocrisy and entitlement.

it's strange, right?

the topic has to be changed in order for people to clamber on up their respective soapboxes. Because, as it stands in realty as you note above, there's really no grandstanding, self-righteous indignation opportunity.

What ends up happening is that you have a group of people who complain about people manufacturing victimization in order to push a narrative without realizing that they, themselves, are manufacturing a position in order to push a narrative. The fact that this thread has been twisted in a such a way is illustrative of that hypocrisy and entitlement.

I don't find it strange. It's a two-fer: beloved sports icon + religion. The victimization complex is over 9000.

I don't find it strange. It's a two-fer: beloved sports icon + religion. The victimization complex is over 9000.

The irony of it all is that Brees probably doesn't think he's a victim. And he's not. Dunlap unfortunately felt like he couldn't continue with WWL. I hope he finds a good situation that works for him.

The irony of it all is that Brees probably doesn't think he's a victim. And he's not. Dunlap unfortunately felt like he couldn't continue with WWL. I hope he finds a good situation that works for him.

I wasn't talking about Brees thinking he's a victim.

At this point, the "complaining about outrage/cancel culture" segment of our society is as loud and outraged and complains just as much (if not more) as the "outrage/cancel culture" segment of our society.

Of course Polygamy is illegal in most of the US as it's considered morally wrong.
That's not why polygamy is illegal. (And it's illegal in every part of the US.)
So the gay rights group has no responsibility to do this in the right way? This was a nonstory. The gay rights group saw this as an opportunity to push their agenda.
What gay rights group was this again?
How is someone suppose to respond when you get called out publicly as a bigot to millions of people? Apologizing wouldn’t be my first instinct.
How is someone supposed to respond to being called an abomination to billions of people?
How would you like it if someone implied that you’re a bigot to millions of people? Not cool
Who of any importance (not counting random social media posts) implied Brees was/is a bigot?
Brees certainly saw it as an implication of bigotry and it’d be tough to find a sane person who wouldn’t.
So anyone who doesn't agree it was an implication of bigotry is insane?
If that’s the way that the gay rights group does business they’re much more immoral and bigoted than Drew Brees.
Again, which gay rights group was this?

(And BTW, your statement above is directly stating you think Drew Brees is immoral and bigoted. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way, but that's exactly what it says.)

Why does the language filter on this site allow the slur in question?

Probably an oversight, or the possibility that it may be able to be used in other words.

Not many, but wharfage, Leafages

I forget is the filter is smart enough to do that. We've had to add many back to it. I can alert Andrus to correct it.

This is a test....

[Edit - neither the 3 letter version or the 6 letter version were altered]

Still no update on who did this. I'm beginning to think Entercom doesn't want to know.

Still no update on who did this. I'm beginning to think Entercom doesn't want to know.

They already know.

They are going to simply sit there until it blows over, because it's not going to hurt their ratings or ad revenues in the least, and in the instant news cycle we now live in, this will have been superseded a hundredfold in a week.

All anyone is talking about today is the Brees injury and NFL conspiracies, and getting ready to get outraged by another Trump tweet or happy that he continues to fight for his people and own the libs.

The internet version of panem et circenses.

They already know.

They are going to simply sit there until it blows over, because it's not going to hurt their ratings or ad revenues in the least, and in the instant news cycle we now live in, this will have been superseded a hundredfold in a week.

All anyone is talking about today is the Brees injury and NFL conspiracies, and getting ready to get outraged by another Trump tweet or happy that he continues to fight for his people and own the libs.

The internet version of panem et circenses.
If that's the case, I hope Seth sues the pants off of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom