WWL Radio tweets homophobic slur about WWL sports reporter Seth Dunlap (2 Viewers)

If you go back and look, I got blasted for suggesting that Seth could have done this himself.

If you go back and look, I got blasted for suggesting that Seth could have done this himself.

Well, making assumptions before knowing the facts is far different than drawing conclusions based on known facts. You were just lucky enough that your suspicions happened to come true. I doubt you'd be here tooting your horn if Seth didn't actually do it. And fwiw, we still don't know for sure, although it's not looking good for him at this point.

I'd rather wait and find out more before declaring anything one way or the other.

Well, making assumptions before knowing the facts is far different than drawing conclusions based on known facts. You were just lucky enough that your suspicions happened to come true. I doubt you'd be here tooting your horn if Seth didn't actually do it. And fwiw, we still don't know for sure, although it's not looking good for him at this point.

I'd rather wait and find out more before declaring anything one way or the other.
Did you see my post? I just said that WWL would need to rule him out going forward. I didn’t suggest jack crap. And NO, I wasn’t “tooting my own horn”. Get your facts straight.

If, and I mean STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL, if Seth is behind this, his life is over.

However, I'm not sold. WWL is not a happy go lucky place. It's ruled with an iron fist and the ADVERTISERS are all that matter. The programming is fluff for ads. The leader of WWL is a very cutthroat individual. Someone who will make you feel like a son and then feed you to the wolves. Trust is not a word that's synonymous with the "radio giant of the gulf south". Follow the bodies, follow the money and follow your gut.

LOL @ this plot twist.

I remember thinking "if this guy gets offended over being called the 3-letter F word in an Internet setting, I hope for his delicate sake he had virtually zero online presence for most of the 2000s"......as we all would get often called every name under the sun, including that one. Of course others early on were saying things like "he may end up owning the station after this", and I was just pretty much at any point expecting to hear about a Twitter hacking or something and then having all this just blow over. This result is far more entertaining though.

Did you see my post? I just said that WWL would need to rule him out going forward. I didn’t suggest jack crap. And NO, I wasn’t “tooting my own horn”. Get your facts straight.

You said you got blasted for suggesting Seth did it. Now you say you didn't suggest "jack crap". Which is it?

Ok, you weren't tooting your own horn, you were whining because you got blasted. I guess. :shrug:

If, and I mean STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL, if Seth is behind this, his life is over.

Will he work in radio again? Probably not, but saying his life will be over is pretty extreme.

However, I'm not sold. WWL is not a happy go lucky place. It's ruled with an iron fist and the ADVERTISERS are all that matter. The programming is fluff for ads. The leader of WWL is a very cutthroat individual. Someone who will make you feel like a son and then feed you to the wolves. Trust is not a word that's synonymous with the "radio giant of the gulf south". Follow the bodies, follow the money and follow your gut.

I take it that WWL won't be on your Christmas giving list this year.

Will he work in radio again? Probably not, but saying his life will be over is pretty extreme.

Seth's life ro this point is broadcasting. He's extremely talented. Also keep in mind that this is a national story.

I take it that WWL won't be on your Christmas giving list this year.

No surprise. Everyone wants to always jump on the side of the perceived victim. Not saying he is guilty, but if I were a betting man, I would be betting against Seth at this time.

I guess the audacity of some people, just never cease to amaze.

You mad!

WWL would get absolutely crushed if they invented some story about him doing it himself and then reporting it to the police.

They had a digital forensic team at great expense look into and determine that the IP address it came from was associated with his cell phone.

They also have video surveillance of his door being closed at the moment the tweet is sent, and then emerging just a few moments later with his phone to show people in the office the tweet.

Dude most likely did it.

In a setting like that, you don't need a digital forensic team, or go to great expense, to figure that out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom