WWL Radio tweets homophobic slur about WWL sports reporter Seth Dunlap (2 Viewers)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Well that's not too surprising. I guess it's surprising it took this long. I was thinking about this the other day cuz I haven't heard anything new in a while.

I think it's safe to say his career is done for quite a while.
Done for a while? I’d say that is putting it mildly. At least he’ll have the best of both worlds, while in prison. Let’s leave it at that.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
That is yet to be proven, but, it doesn't look good for Dunlap at this point. I doubt they would fire him without having all their ducks in a row.
Ya think? DUH!

And in the state of La., anyone can be let go at anytime, without reason, so WWL can just simply say; “You are being let go. Have a nice day”.

Last edited:
OP
OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That is yet to be proven, but, it doesn't look good for Dunlap at this point. I doubt they would fire him without having all their ducks in a row.
The company has more information than is public - but if the evidence is anything like it has been alleged (that he posted the tweet himself) then they’re on good ground to fire him and more.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Kinda funny how in the beginning he reportedly asked how much they would pay him not to go "scorched earth" -- which they didn't bite on -- and you look back how in the beginning of this thread, everyone was all in against WWL.

So who is he going to destroy when clearly the radio station doesn't have that great of a reputation to begin with? I hear people complaining about MOST of the radio hosts. I think Seth was one of the few guys on the radio we DIDN'T complain about. Was he going to go scorched earth on someone in management? We're all waiting for the dirt and we're clearly ready to believe it.

Seth, everyone was behind you 100% and believed you 100%. But now we're told there's evidence against you that YOU did this and that you didn't use it to try and garner support for a cause but instead used it to ask for hush money as if no one was going to bother to look for the digital fingerprints. So you're not brilliant, you're not fighting for a cause, you're just lame.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't he talking about suing them for big muhla?
Yeah. I mean, that was the station's side. I'm sure he's gonna say he didn't. But if you're gonna post a fake tweet to call attention to what's wrong with the world, you're pretty much proving that YOU are also what's wrong with the world.

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
DADA4D70-2BD1-43E5-B0F5-67747BAB6F56.jpeg

When HR comes to take your picture after you get that new job, you never think they’re going to plaster it on the internet after your extortion scheme blows up in your face. Nice shirt.

Fun Bunch

All-Pro
Reaction score
NOPD sought an arrest warrant for Seth Dunlap on the crime of Extortion.

The Judge DENIED the warrant, citing that while the NOPD believed they had compelling evidence, the Judge did not believe it amounted to Extortion. NOPD can go back and seek a different charge, or come back with more evidence.

From the sound of it, they know he sent the tweet. The judge just didn't believe it to be Extortion.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

The Judge DENIED the warrant, citing that while the NOPD believed they had compelling evidence, the Judge did not believe it amounted to Extortion. NOPD can go back and seek a different charge, or come back with more evidence.

From the sound of it, they know he sent the tweet. The judge just didn't believe it to be Extortion.
Interesting as i look to the definition of "extortion" in Louisiana, it says nothing of "harming reputation" as it does for other states.

So maybe there is a gray area here.

Charlie Brizzown

Fishing fool
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Can you link the source of this information?

Chris

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the statute in question:

I can understand where the Judge is coming from with his denial. It seems the law states that extortion is committed with the purpose of gaining something of value by use of force or threat of any type of harm. Assuming Seth tried to seek a legal payoff based off the alleged tweet that he sent, if he didn't threaten WWL in the process of seeking a payment (basically saying "give me money, or else x will happen...), then I don't think extortion applies here. At least, that's my interpretation of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom