WWL Radio tweets homophobic slur about WWL sports reporter Seth Dunlap (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah. I mean, that was the station's side. I'm sure he's gonna say he didn't. But if you're gonna post a fake tweet to call attention to what's wrong with the world, you're pretty much proving that YOU are also what's wrong with the world.
On point!

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Let’s all be reasonable thinking people here.

Would anyone of us REASONABLE thinking individuals part ways with an expensive Apple iPhone 10, because it has a cracked screen? A fixed screen is about $200. And also, why in the world would ANYONE get rid of a piece of evidence that could help their defense? This guy worked in media. He has decent knowledge of technology and social media. He is only making things worse for himself, by making additional comments that really make him look stupid. Typical of someone that ultimately will be found guilty.

Reaction score
So, does he get charged/sued? WWL was attacked for quite some time because of this incident.

Brad Mojo

Funkier than you.
Reaction score
So, does he get charged/sued? WWL was attacked for quite some time because of this incident.
The NOPD gave the evidence to the DA's office, which chose not to indict. The reason was that his actions didn't meet the exact criteria required to legally be called extortion. So they are sayng that they know he did it, but the way the law is written they couldn't get a conviction.

Or something like that.

Something about if your lawyer mentions a possible lawsuit it doesn't meet the legal requirement of threat of harm that the extortion law requires.

I guess they could sue him in civil court for defamation but they would pay more in legal fees than they could wring out of him personally.

OP
superchuck500

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The NOPD gave the evidence to the DA's office, which chose not to indict. The reason was that his actions didn't meet the exact criteria required to legally be called extortion. So they are sayng that they know he did it, but the way the law is written they couldn't get a conviction.

Or something like that.

Something about if your lawyer mentions a possible lawsuit it doesn't meet the legal requirement of threat of harm that the extortion law requires.

I guess they could sue him in civil court for defamation but they would pay more in legal fees than they could wring out of him personally.
Yeah, I don't think the company needs retribution - the employee's scheme was revealed and he's now tarnished and shamed by it, and the company was vindicated.

If the DA isn't going to prosecute, I think the company let's it go. Seth never actually sued did he?

Brennan77

Bass Manager
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think the company needs retribution - the employee's scheme was revealed and he's now tarnished and shamed by it, and the company was vindicated.

If the DA isn't going to prosecute, I think the company let's it go. Seth never actually sued did he?
I don't think he did. I think they just floated a number he'd like to get. The problem with this situation is that justice really demands some level of formal punishment for Seth. If true, what he did is outrageous and harmful.

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think the presentation any false flag should have some type of consequences...

Smollette and Dunlap shouldn't get away with nothing for their behavior. I don't care if their reputations were tarnished, they brought that upon themselves. There should be some type of fine or probation or even jail time...

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think the presentation any false flag should have some type of consequences...

Smollette and Dunlap shouldn't get away with nothing for their behavior. I don't care if their reputations were tarnished, they brought that upon themselves. There should be some type of fine or probation or even jail time...
Not to mention all of the monies wasted on an investigation by police and WWL to defend themselves from a frivolous and vain attempt, to initially and intentionally incriminate WWL. He has to do time. No doubt about it.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Mostly, I just wish these faked stunts would stop. It's asinine.
As long as there is opportunity to enrich one’s self, either through false and frivolous acts, or by rightful and factual evidence, it will never end.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Freakin’ WWL... this seems like par for the course for them.

I cant imagine too many people have access to send tweets from their official WWL Twitter account.. Whoever did it probably thought it was a joke, but this is 2019 for chrissakes.. Talk about creating a hostile work environment for this guy.
I think this reply can be totally dismissed! bye bye.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As long as there is opportunity to enrich one’s self, either through false and frivolous acts, or by rightful and factual evidence, it will never end.
The ostensible reason that INCREDIBLY LOW instances of false bigotry claims ‘work’ is because there is still ample bigotry in the world/workplace
So maybe instead of putting outsized emphasis on extremely rare false claims, continue to push for more tolerance
win-win

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The ostensible reason that INCREDIBLY LOW instances of false bigotry claims ‘work’ is because there is still ample bigotry in the world/workplace
So maybe instead of putting outsized emphasis on extremely rare false claims, continue to push for more tolerance
win-win
A wrong, does not beget another wrong. You have to get beyond that, first. This type of mentality is a big reason for so many of these types of events. One wants to make things right, through their own way of righting injustices on the flip side. This type of thought process, leads to civil unrest. But go right ahead and see it how works.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A wrong, does not beget another wrong. You have to get beyond that, first. This type of mentality is a big reason for so many of these types of events. One wants to make things right, through their own way of righting injustices on the flip side. This type of thought process, leads to civil unrest. But go right ahead and see it how works.
Can you be more specific?
What ‘type of mentality ‘ what type of ‘thought process ‘?
Did you see anyplace where I indicate Seth should not be held accountable for his bad actions?
You’re hellbent on cursing the darkness, cool
I’m just saying there are candles available

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Can you be more specific?
What ‘type of mentality ‘ what type of ‘thought process ‘?
Did you see anyplace where I indicate Seth should not be held accountable for his bad actions?
You’re hellbent on cursing the darkness, cool
I’m just saying there are candles available
You stated on general terms. I think it was pretty evident. But you can keep the candles. I don’t like the smell of candles. I have allergies. Keep it rollin’ though’

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom