WWL Radio tweets homophobic slur about WWL sports reporter Seth Dunlap (3 Viewers)

The dude is the best sports host they have. I catch his show for about 30-40 minutes a few times a week.
Same here. I've been thinking for a while that Dunlap is their best, most listenable radio talent on the sports side of the house, and have been looking forward to him getting a more prominent role on the station.

Most of the public had no clue he was gay, so they can't pretend like the account was hacked (even though he's openly gay) ...
It doesn't matter and never mattered in the least. Nevertheless, I am curious: How well known was this among the WWL listening public? I can never recall Dunlap talking about it on air. He seemed to stick totally to sports at all times.

I’m sorry, but Mr. Dunlap’s open letter is absurd. Everyone is a frocking hate group today. You can’t have an opinion on ANYTHING without being labeled as a hate group. I’m tired of the political intimidation on both sides. If you are a Christian you should be able to be aligned with organizations that have a cause that you believe in without harassment, vilification, and character assassination. Just as a gay person should be able to align themselves with organizations that have a cause that they believe in without harrassment, vilification, and character assassination. We are in a bad state as a society when tolerance from both sides is nowhere to be found to the point that nobody is even allowed to have an opinion.
I agree with you except that I do think there are reasonable lines to be drawn. I would not malign someone for associating with a group that believes homosexual actions are a sin and that counsels people as such and perhaps promotes celibacy or something.
But I do think a line is crossed when a group is pushing something like conversion therapy. Everything I have heard about that stuff is horrible for the young people that are put through by people they trust.

I’m sorry, but Mr. Dunlap’s open letter is absurd. Everyone is a frocking hate group today. You can’t have an opinion on ANYTHING without being labeled as a hate group. I’m tired of the political intimidation on both sides. If you are a Christian you should be able to be aligned with organizations that have a cause that you believe in without harassment, vilification, and character assassination. Just as a gay person should be able to align themselves with organizations that have a cause that they believe in without harrassment, vilification, and character assassination. We are in a bad state as a society when tolerance from both sides is nowhere to be found to the point that nobody is even allowed to have an opinion.

Not all opinions should be tolerated. It's ludicrous to think that, to be honest. If you (the general "you") belong to an organization that espouses rhetoric that gets people hurt, that should absolutely be called out publicly. Focus on the Family argues for conversion therapy for homosexuals, which the entire medical field calls damaging to people. Yes, if you espouse conversion therapy, your opinion on that should not be tolerated. If you belong a group with ties to neo-nazis, yes, you should be shamed for that. This isn't being a 'snowflake', this is about people's lives and their mental health.

Same here. I've been thinking for a while that Dunlap is their best, most listenable radio talent on the sports side of the house, and have been looking forward to him getting a more prominent role on the station.

Absolutely. He sounds like he's been to college, he makes good points, he asks good questions, and he facilitates discussion well. He is, by far, the best sports talk host WWL has.

Not all opinions should be tolerated. It's ludicrous to think that, to be honest. If you (the general "you") belong to an organization that espouses rhetoric that gets people hurt, that should absolutely be called out publicly. Focus on the Family argues for conversion therapy for homosexuals, which the entire medical field calls damaging to people. Yes, if you espouse conversion therapy, your opinion on that should not be tolerated. If you belong a group with ties to neo-nazis, yes, you should be shamed for that. This isn't being a 'snowflake', this is about people's lives and their mental health.

Christian opinions shouldn’t be tolerated?

It doesn't matter and never mattered in the least. Nevertheless, I am curious: How well known was this among the WWL listening public? I can never recall Dunlap talking about it on air. He seemed to stick totally to sports at all times.
That's what I'm saying. I listen to his show whenever I'm in the car and it's on and have even listened to the podcast version on WWL Radio's page after a win to hear his thoughts. I've never once heard him talk about his sexuality. The only time he ever talks about himself is in relation to when he played sports. I seriously doubt that many, if any, outside of WWL knew he was gay - besides his friends and family of course.

Explain to me why gay people should "tolerate" organization that support and advocate for laws that wouldn't allow them to marry who they want, gives employers the right to fire them for being gay or that would allow places of public accommodation to discriminate against them simply for being gay.

How do you expect coexistence and tolerance on those terms from people that would suffer under their opponents goals and objectives?

For there to be tolerance, there needs to be both mutual respect and equality among those that are currently opposed to each other. And that doesn't completely exist right now and wouldn't exist at all if those organizations achieve what they desire.

Christian opinions shouldn’t be tolerated?

absolutely some of them should not be tolerated....

but the problem is that there isn't really a definitive list of 'Christian opinions'(whatever that even means)...

these over here believe in conversion therapy while those over there believe it's a sin to marry outside of your race...meanwhile, down the street, they believe in acceptance of all people

Explain to me why gay people should "tolerate" organization that support and advocate for laws that wouldn't allow them to marry who they want, gives employers the right to fire them for being gay or that would allow places of public accommodation to discriminate against them simply for being gay.

How do you expect coexistence and tolerance on those terms from people that would suffer under their opponents goals and objectives?

For there to be tolerance, there needs to be both mutual respect and equality among those that are currently opposed to each other. And that doesn't completely exist right now and wouldn't exist at all if those organizations achieve what they desire.

You’re missing it. Gays don’t have to be tolerant of the organization. I never said that. But for Brees to get the backlash he received because the organization gave him a platform to do what he thinks is right...it’s embarrassing. So as a Saints fan you gave to agree with EVERYTHING the Saints have done over the course of their history? I mean give me a break.

There isn’t a political or religious organization in existence that can be held to that standard.

So the LGBTQ community supports conversion therapy if you think about it. They support the so-called conversion from one gender to another. But let's not talk about that.

I keep checking this thread to see if they’ve discovered who the culprit is. It’s like a Sherlock Holmes mystery. The game is afoot!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom