WWL Radio tweets homophobic slur about WWL sports reporter Seth Dunlap (3 Viewers)

It was so weird listening to WWL radio playing ad reads done by Seth Dunlap during yesterday's game.

Stay away from the comment section on WWLTV facebook page regarding this. A bunch of loons claiming that Seth did it ala Jussie Smollett. I hate society

I'm a milennial, and it still shocks me to this day that folks my dad's age became the biggest Facebook trolls of all time.

From things I am hearing, it appears as though because of Seth’s post on facebook about the Brees / FoF connection, he ruffled some feathers around the sports world and at WWL. Brees is a very important person to WWL, and that post put him on the spot. Many felt it was out of line for Seth to question Brees as a sportscaster for WWL , the flagship station for the Saints. Not sure if his post was sanctioned or not though. That will be important.

Someone went rogue on Twitter and posted an insulting post. At this point, it’s possible that WWL knows who did it or at least have it narrowed down.

Not sure if Seth has officially retained a lawyer but he’s being advised by a lawyer who is fairly well versed in these things. She’s young but evidently she knows how to navigate the waters. It’s widely believed that there will be a lawsuit.

Other media outlets are probing the issue so we’ll hear more as things unfold. The story has clearly died down though.

Imo, Seth’s days at WWL are over. WWL will be sued and they’ll settle with Seth. He’ll move on.

Last edited:
From things I am hearing, it appears as though because of Seth’s post on facebook about the Brees / FoF connection, he ruffled some feathers around the sports world and at WWL. Brees is a very important person to WWL, and that post put him on the spot. Many felt it was out of line for Seth to question Brees as a sportscaster for WWL , the flagship station for the Saints. Not sure if his post was sanctioned or not though. That will be important.

Someone went rogue on Twitter and posted an insulting post. At this point, it’s possible that WWL knows who did it or at least have it narrowed down.

Not sure if Seth has officially retained a lawyer but he’s being advised by a lawyer who is fairly well versed in these things. She’s young but evidently she knows how to navigate the waters. It’s widely believed that there will be a lawsuit.

Other media outlets are probing the issue so we’ll hear more as things unfold. The story has clearly died down though.

Imo, Seth’s days at WWL are over. WWL will be sued and they’ll settle with Seth. He’ll move on.
if this is true it makes it much worse for WWL

It's my understanding that Seth has already taken an indefinite leave. I'm not sure if he's quit or what, but I do think he's done at WWL. Doesn't make sense to work in a hostile environment.

Last edited:
Yeah. They’ll settle and move on

Probably so - but none of the options is without its complications. The biggest questions remain who did it (whether WWL is able to conclude), what did WWL do or is going to do about it, and what of any of that they actually disclose to Seth. And you can come up with adverse outcomes for WWL in just about any combination of possible answers to those three questions.

Plus, there’s the public image and trust issue. Simply settling with Seth and sweeping it under the rug without some explanation is risky - this was a very public, offensive incident on one of the station’s official communications platforms. The most ideal result would be for WWL to find out who do it, terminate that person, invite Seth back and actually accomplish a professional working environment there. That might not be possible nor might they want that - but there again is the risk to the public in appearing to not have addressed it professionally.

Last edited:
Probably so - but none of the options is without its complications. The biggest questions remain who did it (whether WWL is able to conclude), what did WWL do or is going to do about it, and what of any of that they actually disclose to Seth. And you can come up with adverse outcomes for WWL in just about any combination of possible answers to those three questions.

Plus, there’s the public image and trust issue. Simply settling with Seth and sweeping it under the rug without some explanation is risky - this was a very public, offensive incident on one of the station’s official communications platforms. The most ideal result would be for WWL to find out who do it, terminate that person, invite Seth back and actually accomplish a professional working environment there. That might not be possible nor might they want that - but there again is the risk to the public in appearing to not have addressed it professionally.

Somehow, I don't think the average WWL listener cares, and probably agrees with calling Seth what he was called.

sounds like my gut reaction is playing out.

Somehow, I don't think the average WWL listener cares, and probably agrees with calling Seth what he was called.

Judging by the comments on the reporting of this on WWLTVs facebook page,I completely agree,and quite frankly,its completely disgusting. I hope who ever it was is brought public and destroyed by the City. Seth seems like an awesome guy and I really enjoy his show.

Judging by the comments on the reporting of this on WWLTVs facebook page,I completely agree,and quite frankly,its completely disgusting. I hope who ever it was is brought public and destroyed by the City. Seth seems like an awesome guy and I really enjoy his show.

Yeah, I don't get the hate. No one is above being questioned if it's a fair question, and in Drew's case, I didn't think Seth's letter was unreasonable. I think the outrage over criticism of Drew was over the top.

Seth should be able to stay on and do his job, which by almost all accounts, he's good at. Unfortunately, too many people can't see past their own prejudices.

Seth should be able to stay on and do his job, which by almost all accounts, he's good at. Unfortunately, too many people can't see past their own prejudices.

Seth could have used the incident to really bring about meaningful discussions around this topic. He definitely had the platform and was well respected. But I guess its a lot easier to just collect a lump sum from a settlement.

Seth could have used the incident to really bring about meaningful discussions around this topic. He definitely had the platform and was well respected. But I guess its a lot easier to just collect a lump sum from a settlement.
Has he even filed a suit?
I think you’re jumping the gun a bit here

Some think Seth did use his platform when he posted on Facebook about Brees and FoF.
He’s also posted several things on Twitter subsequently.

He wasn’t fired from WWL either so he has a job there if he wants. Some wanted him fired after the facebook post to Brees. Not sure WWL wants their platform used for this.

As Seth said, He wants to be a sportscaster, not a ‘gay’ sportscaster. He also said that he doesn’t want this to be about him.

Personally, I think his sex life is irrelevant to the job as a sportscaster. It’s not fair to expect him to be an activist. If he wants to be one then fine.

WWL has a strong relationship with Drew Brees and the Saints. Brees is on another level when it comes to VIP’s in the sportsworld of this town. I think WWL tries to tread carefully on his ground. Not saying it’s right or wrong. It’s business.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom