WWL Radio tweets homophobic slur about WWL sports reporter Seth Dunlap (1 Viewer)

I know you want that to be the case, as do a lot of people on here.

But let's just say that it is HIGHLY unlikely that Entercom's corporate attorneys would have gone to the police without compelling evidence. To be frank, they wouldn't have unless they knew they had him, hence the Video Evidence chaining him to his phone at the time of the tweet coupled with the Digital Forensics tracing it to his cell phone.

We can infer, based on available information, that Seth's side is in trouble.

Wwl/entercom is the defendant here. Innocent until proven guilty.

This tweet, by itself is not enough to get paid. Seth has to prove that they intended to offend him and that they created an environment that allowed this to happen. Intent is important.

Now we know that Wwl is evidently ready to show that the tweet was sent by Seth himself. He now has to be able to counter that to convince laymen who will be ignorant about the technology that it’s more believable that someone at wwl sent it. He’ll have to counter evidence that they are not a hostile environment. Wwl will have plenty of defense for that.

It won’t be easy for seth.

Frankly, I find it very hard to believe that anyone at wwl would be so stupid as to send this tweet. It is either a rogue or it’s seth.

^ Not actual legal analysis

I know you want that to be the case, as do a lot of people on here.

You can say that all you want, but it doesnt make it true.

I’ll repeat for the third time in this thread- i’d never heard of Seth Dunlap before this story broke, and I haven’t listened to WWL in years.. i have no dog in this fight.. i’m not sure if YOU would like to see it proven that Dunlap sent the tweet himself, or not- i dont want to speak for you.. but you seem to have no problem stating that a lot of people here want to root for “a side”.. i’d just like to know the truth about what really happened.

I’ll repeat for the third time in this thread- i’d never heard of Seth Dunlap before this story broke, and I haven’t listened to WWL in years.. i have no dog in this fight.. i’m not sure if YOU would like to see it proven that Dunlap sent the tweet himself, or not- i dont want to speak for you.. but you seem to have no problem stating that a lot of people here want to root for “a side”.. i’d just like to know the truth about what really happened.
Your first post in the thread seemed to pick a side

Freakin’ WWL... this seems like par for the course for them.

I cant imagine too many people have access to send tweets from their official WWL Twitter account.. Whoever did it probably thought it was a joke, but this is 2019 for chrissakes.. Talk about creating a hostile work environment for this guy.

Of course, I did too. This reminded me nothing of the Smollett case and seemed easily plausible.

• 1Like
Reactions: You

I have no side. I’m looking at it from the perspective of a lawyer. Trust me. I have no love for Corporate Lawyers. They are often the bane of my existence.

But I can tell you that it is incredibly unlikely that they would go forward in the manner they did unless they had the goods.

I know the digital forensics team involved. They’ve got him.

You want to know the truth? Seth sent the tweet.

The truth of the matter is "IP Address associated with Seths phone" doesnt mean anything at all without knowing more facts. Was Seth logged on to company WIFI? If so does that network assign static or dynamic IP addresses? Do only the first 3 sets of numbers match and thats why they said associated with instead of the IP address of Seths phone?

I was very much in Seths corner in the beginning,and it does sound bad for him now,but what WWL provided in the police report,as it was worded is not complete 100 percent damning evidence. Him coming out of his office right after the tweet,if he has notifications turned on for twitter,I would have done the same.

Seths lawyer said hes had his phone this entire time. WWL never asked for it. If youre at least relatively versed in how networks work,there are some holes in what WWL provided.

Who knows. Only who sent the tweet and none of us currently.

If Entercom is not 99.9999% sure or more then they took a big risk going public with their accusations.

They may have done so, though.
I mean, he hasn;t been arrested.

Your first post in the thread seemed to pick a side

Fair enough.. i was actually referring to my posts since it came out a couple days ago that Dunlap himself may have sent the tweet.

Things seem to be changing by the day with this incident, nothing will surprise me either way at this point.

If Entercom is not 99.9999% sure or more then they took a big risk going public with their accusations.

They may have done so, though.
I mean, he hasn;t been arrested.
Seems to me that if what is being accused by wwl, seth should be arrested.

#FreeInternetLegal

Seems to me that if what is being accused by wwl, seth should be arrested.

#FreeInternetLegal

giphy.gif

He would have to be very stupid and by all accounts, he's not.

I don't know how stupid he is, or isn't.............but, at minimum, he (allegedly) was misguided enough to feel he deserved 1.8 million because he got called a *** on the Internet. Which puts him in good company with pretty much anybody who ever attended a public school or spent more than about a day in chatrooms during the 2000s.

I don't know how stupid he is, or isn't.............but, at minimum, he (allegedly) was misguided enough to feel he deserved 1.8 million because he got called a *** on the Internet. Which puts him in good company with pretty much anybody who ever attended a public school or spent more than about a day in chatrooms during the 2000s.

giphy.gif

That’s all any of this is, allegations.. for you to say that ‘one side’ or the other side has the moral high ground right now, at 3:14pm Central on Sep 27th, with only what we know now, is preposterous.
At 3:59, Scoot said he couldn’t comment, and he had backed Seth earlier in the week, but he said “ it didn’t look good for Seth”.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom