WWL Radio tweets homophobic slur about WWL sports reporter Seth Dunlap (3 Viewers)

I don't know who's telling the truth, but I find WWL's version of the story a little hard to believe. I would just think that anybody would know that they would be caught if they did what they're accusing Dunlap of. Everybody, especially people Seth's age, now that IP addresses are easy to track, especially from his own phone. He would have to be very stupid and by all accounts, he's not. They'll have to prove that he had password access to the company twitter and they'll have to have independent conformation from the NOPD.

I think WWL was trying to get Dunlap to drop the suit and the case by putting pressure on him, knowing that they'd have a ground swell of public support from their listeners given the recent Smollett case. Everybody would assume that he's lying because of association. Seems to be working for now.

I'll be curious to see how this turns out. One side or the other is risking a lot.
I don't think he'd have any idea if he did this, that it could be easily tracked.

I don't think he'd have any idea if he did this, that it could be easily tracked.

I'd really be surprised. I'm hardly a geek and I've known for a long time that anything I do with my phone and computer can be fairly easily tracked.

I assumed that a guy like Seth who lives and breathes media platforms, should be aware that his media usage can be easily tracked. It's baffling to me that he wouldn't know that a post to the corporate twitter feed wouldn't be difficult to tell where it originated from. I mean, it would take some tech savvy to hide or spoof the origin of the post.

All that said, I'm still waiting for more to come out before coming to any conclusions.

I'd really be surprised. I'm hardly a geek and I've known for a long time that anything I do with my phone and computer can be fairly easily tracked.

I assumed that a guy like Seth who lives and breathes media platforms, should be aware that his media usage can be easily tracked. It's baffling to me that he wouldn't know that a post to the corporate twitter feed wouldn't be difficult to tell where it originated from. I mean, it would take some tech savvy to hide or spoof the origin of the post.

All that said, I'm still waiting for more to come out before coming to any conclusions.

There have been any number of times perfectly intelligent people do things that are absolutely moronic in retrospect.

Hell i do it on the weekly

There have been any number of times perfectly intelligent people do things that are absolutely moronic in retrospect.

Hell i do it on the weekly

There's "absolutely moronic", and to quote Tom Cruise in 'A Few Good Men' there's "galactically stupid". I think this qualifies as the latter if he did actually do this.

I don't know how stupid he is, or isn't.............but, at minimum, he (allegedly) was misguided enough to feel he deserved 1.8 million because he got called a *** on the Internet. Which puts him in good company with pretty much anybody who ever attended a public school or spent more than about a day in chatrooms during the 2000s.
In front of hundreds of millions, by your employer?

Like I said earlier in the thread, this wasn't vicious because Seth was called a gay, it's vicious because of the circumstances.

What if WWLradios Twitter tweeted at Duece that he's a a N-word? Would that be outrageous or just get over it already?

If I went on Twitter and called Seth a gay, I'd just be an butt crevasse, but I'm sure he would move along and not sue me for 1.8 million.

There's "absolutely moronic", and to quote Tom Cruise in 'A Few Good Men' there's "galactically stupid". I think this qualifies as the latter if he did actually do this.

Never underestimate human stupidity

I mean, it is the next logical step, but that's an awfully long amount of time to do whatever to that phone.

I was thinking that as well. It's just weird to me that his phone is sitting out there and hasn't been turned over yet. I know it's been discussed here when Seth was asked about it a couple of weeks ago.

I don't get it.

Since a thread dovetailing from today's story on nola.com has been removed from the Super Forum, I'll paste in what I was about to say here:

This is disheartening from the standpoint of quality sports radio in N.O. and the Deep South in general (the Saints geographic fan base, anyway)

Dunlap was the only person among WWL's shrinking number of sports talk radio hosts who seemed to have the ability to host a radio show. He had the host's equivalent of a QB's "pocket presence," if you will.

The other two individuals on that station at night are like two high school jocks who lack the cognitive abilities to pass junior-year math. The former QB of that pair hilariously used a Frank Sinatra reference on the radio the other day when trying (in vain) to explain the issue of paying college athletes. He said that Sinatra "goes and does concerts...." Um, Bobby, Ol' Blue Eyes died in 1998. He's not doing any concerts anytime soon. The self-described "resident Marine" has better moments but has a habit of talking back to callers in a disrespectful manner befitting of the aforementioned high school jocks. The third wheel on the tricycle these days, Deuce McAllister, is coming along nicely but still lets his fandom out during the show and on his radio calls.

Dunlap's much smoother style reminded me of Gerry V's show several years ago now, which drew a much more intelligent and lucid kind of caller than WWL's shows have, historically. I do hope Dunlap is able to get back on the radio locally.

Last edited:
Since a thread dovetailing from today's story on nola.com has been removed from the Super Forum, I'll paste in what I was about to say here:

This is disheartening from the standpoint of quality sports radio in N.O. and the Deep South in general (the Saints geographic fan base, anyway)

Dunlap was the only person among WWL's shrinking number of sports talk radio hosts who seemed to have the ability to host a radio show. He had the host's equivalent of a QB's "pocket presence," if you will.

The other two individuals on that station at night are like two high school jocks who lack the cognitive abilities to pass junior-year math. The former QB of that pair hilariously used a Frank Sinatra reference on the radio the other day when trying (in vain) to explain the issue of paying college athletes. He said that Sinatra "goes and does concerts...." Um, Bobby, Ol' Blue Eyes died in 1998. He's not doing any concerts anytime soon. The self-described "resident Marine" has better moments but has a habit of talking back to callers in a disrespectful manner befitting of the aforementioned high school jocks.

Dunlap's much smoother style reminded me of Gerry V's show several years ago now, which drew a much more intelligent and lucid kind of caller than WWL's shows have, historically. I do hope Dunlap is able to get back on the radio locally.

While I don't disagree with much of your sentiments and Dunlap is innocent until proven guilty, assuming the reports that he himself was the one who posted the tweets are true, I don't see him returning to radio anytime soon.

I guess we'll see as the case is ongoing and what the outcome is.

The other two individuals on that station at night are like two high school jocks who lack the cognitive abilities to pass junior-year math. The former QB of that pair hilariously used a Frank Sinatra reference on the radio the other day when trying (in vain) to explain the issue of paying college athletes. He said that Sinatra "goes and does concerts...." Um, Bobby, Ol' Blue Eyes died in 1998. He's not doing any concerts anytime soon. The self-described "resident Marine" has better moments but has a habit of talking back to callers in a disrespectful manner befitting of the aforementioned high school jocks. The third wheel on the tricycle these days, Deuce McAllister, is coming along nicely but still lets his fandom out during the show and on his radio calls.

And to think Seth started out in radio sales for WWL. They had the same opinion as you in promoting him to not only sit behind the Mic but host his own show!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom