WWL Radio tweets homophobic slur about WWL sports reporter Seth Dunlap (2 Viewers)

Another article...

Yeah, when WWL Radio itself feels confident enough in the evidence it has to run these accusations against its former employee on its own website without facing consequences for retaliation or defamation...

And Dunlap's civil attorney reviews the evidence and shortly thereafter tells reporters she no longer represents him (though she apparently still did at the moment they sent her the documents)...

I'd guess that his new criminal defense lawyer will have some work to do.

Yeah, when WWL Radio itself feels confident enough in the evidence it has to run these accusations against its former employee on its own website without facing consequences for retaliation or defamation...

And Dunlap's civil attorney reviews the evidence and shortly thereafter tells reporters she no longer represents him (though she apparently still did at the moment they sent her the documents)...

It seems the new lawyer is about trying to reduce the sentence
The first lawyer probably thought she was going to argue guilt/innocence

when your civil liberty attorney quits on you and you retain a white collar criminal defense attorney, it kinda sends a message

when your civil liberty attorney quits on you and you retain a white collar criminal defense attorney, it kinda sends a message

I figured she wasn't long for the world when she had started with the "He passed a lie detector test!" stuff. The last refuge of the obviously guilty.

It seems the new lawyer is about trying to reduce the sentence
The first lawyer probably thought she was going to argue guilt/innocence

She thought she was going to get 1/3 of his absurd $1.8 million demand and had no idea her client was a criminal. She thought she was going to be arguing in a courthouse on Poydras Street and not at Tulane and Broad.

The company has more information than is public - but if the evidence is anything like it has been alleged (that he posted the tweet himself) then they’re on good ground to fire him and more.

He is toast!

Yeah. I mean, that was the station's side. I'm sure he's gonna say he didn't. But if you're gonna post a fake tweet to call attention to what's wrong with the world, you're pretty much proving that YOU are also what's wrong with the world.

On point!

Let’s all be reasonable thinking people here.

Would anyone of us REASONABLE thinking individuals part ways with an expensive Apple iPhone 10, because it has a cracked screen? A fixed screen is about $200. And also, why in the world would ANYONE get rid of a piece of evidence that could help their defense? This guy worked in media. He has decent knowledge of technology and social media. He is only making things worse for himself, by making additional comments that really make him look stupid. Typical of someone that ultimately will be found guilty.

So, does he get charged/sued? WWL was attacked for quite some time because of this incident.

So, does he get charged/sued? WWL was attacked for quite some time because of this incident.

The NOPD gave the evidence to the DA's office, which chose not to indict. The reason was that his actions didn't meet the exact criteria required to legally be called extortion. So they are sayng that they know he did it, but the way the law is written they couldn't get a conviction.

Or something like that.

Something about if your lawyer mentions a possible lawsuit it doesn't meet the legal requirement of threat of harm that the extortion law requires.

I guess they could sue him in civil court for defamation but they would pay more in legal fees than they could wring out of him personally.

The NOPD gave the evidence to the DA's office, which chose not to indict. The reason was that his actions didn't meet the exact criteria required to legally be called extortion. So they are sayng that they know he did it, but the way the law is written they couldn't get a conviction.

Or something like that.

Something about if your lawyer mentions a possible lawsuit it doesn't meet the legal requirement of threat of harm that the extortion law requires.

I guess they could sue him in civil court for defamation but they would pay more in legal fees than they could wring out of him personally.

Yeah, I don't think the company needs retribution - the employee's scheme was revealed and he's now tarnished and shamed by it, and the company was vindicated.

If the DA isn't going to prosecute, I think the company let's it go. Seth never actually sued did he?

Yeah, I don't think the company needs retribution - the employee's scheme was revealed and he's now tarnished and shamed by it, and the company was vindicated.

If the DA isn't going to prosecute, I think the company let's it go. Seth never actually sued did he?

I don't think he did. I think they just floated a number he'd like to get. The problem with this situation is that justice really demands some level of formal punishment for Seth. If true, what he did is outrageous and harmful.

I think the presentation any false flag should have some type of consequences...

Smollette and Dunlap shouldn't get away with nothing for their behavior. I don't care if their reputations were tarnished, they brought that upon themselves. There should be some type of fine or probation or even jail time...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom