WWL's Scoot beaten and robbed in CBD (1 Viewer)

Maybe if he drove to work this would have not happened. Sorry for my Rush Limbaugh/John Osterland comment but it is the truth. Who walks in the CBD at that hour?

I walk to work in the CBD. It's pretty common and easy for those that live downtown.

Between4:30 am& 5am?? I thought you once said you lived uptown?

I lived uptown several years ago - at that hour its likely not work related but I have been known to be out and about.

I've lived in the CBD and French quarter about 4 years now and walked near 100% of the time I leave the house, honestly.

I lived uptown several years ago - at that hour its likely not work related but I have been known to be out and about.

I've lived in the CBD and French quarter about 4 years now and walked near 100% of the time I leave the house, honestly.

I know if I walk at that time of hour I'm going with a group or hiring bodyguards.

I know if I walk at that time of hour I'm going with a group or hiring bodyguards.

You'd be surprised - a lot of bartenders, musicians, etc.... Walk that hour. Drunks stumbling back to wherever they came from. Shortly after this the AM shift in hotels and kitchens are headed into work. I'm more of a standard 9-5er but I've worked at two places within a block or two of this.

You learn your way around.

It's sucks, but keep in mind the guy just got mugged. All in all the CBD is pretty darn safe typically.

Anyone ever listen to the police radios on projectnola.com? This is happening like every ten minutes at night in quarter and CBD.

Need to carry a concealed gun in cases like these. Wont help 100% but if someone was stupid enough to pull my phone outta my hand they would get a gun to their forehead or foreskin pretty quick. Whichever is more convenient at the time.
Scoot himself has said it may not be the best option. You have to be very clear you are willing to use the gun to kill another. In some cases it will be used against the owner.

I walk to work in the CBD. It's pretty common and easy for those that live downtown.
I just read through this thread and I am disgusted by the reponses. It is just as "She deserved to be raped because she wore a short skirt. She was asking for it." I truly do not understand people posting on this board anymore. I don't know whether they did not grow up in the culture I grew up in or they are just that horrible. I am so close to checking out on this board, as many have done before me. What has happened to common decency?

I missed the l in clock the first time I read that sentence. I was wondering if that was a new gadget, similar to a ball washer.

bill-murray-caddyshack-ball-washer.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom