WWL's Scoot beaten and robbed in CBD (1 Viewer)

I've heard his show when he talks about having to go to a bar to watch cable TV. Robber probably didn't get much off him. Poor Scoot.

apparently the safety vest is a new trick to make people drop their guard. I have seen store robberies recently where the robber had one on. IMO, If the don't have a job that requires one of those, then they should get a heavier charge/sentence. It shows that this is not a crime of opportunity but that there was premeditation.

There is a vidieo from a few days before where some thugs stole a guys phone right out of his hands and these look like the same bunch that did it, IMO. Would guest that the police are seeing this pattern and track down these thugs.

There is a vidieo from a few days before where some thugs stole a guys phone right out of his hands and these look like the same bunch that did it, IMO. Would guest that the police are seeing this pattern and track down these thugs.

Need to carry a concealed gun in cases like these. Wont help 100% but if someone was stupid enough to pull my phone outta my hand they would get a gun to their forehead or foreskin pretty quick. Whichever is more convenient at the time.

Need to carry a concealed gun in cases like these. Wont help 100% but if someone was stupid enough to pull my phone outta my hand they would get a gun to their forehead or foreskin pretty quick. Whichever is more convenient at the time.

I carry but this might have been a bad time to have had a gun. These guys approached And appeared to be non-threatening. Sounds like they were on him before he knew they were a threat.

I carry but this might have been a bad time to have had a gun. These guys approached And appeared to be non-threatening. Sounds like they were on him before he knew they were a threat.

Yeah thats always the risk, you gotta see everyone you don't know and even some you do know as a threat though. If someone cold cocks you not much you can do except get robbed.

Yeah one of the dirtbags was wearing a yellow construction vest. He thought they were going to work.

Yeah thats always the risk, you gotta see everyone you don't know and even some you do know as a threat though. If someone cold cocks you not much you can do except get robbed.
Not true
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l_PUhTwP924" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He talks about walking to work all the time. Makes me wonder: Were these guys expecting him?

He talks about walking to work all the time. Makes me wonder: Were these guys expecting him?

Maybe but a radio personality is the last person to rob because it will be a high profile case. I doubt these dudes get up and listened to 870 politics every morning but anything is possible.

Yeah one of the dirtbags was wearing a yellow construction vest. He thought they were going to work.

And if he pulls a gun early and those dudes were going to work, his life is ruined even if he didn't shoot. He'd be considered a racist vigilante.

And if he pulls a gun early and those dudes were going to work, his life is ruined even if he didn't shoot. He'd be considered a racist vigilante.

Well in that scenario, he kind of would be. If I just walked up to a group of black dudes walking to work, pulled a gun, and yelled, "don't rob me!" without provocation, wouldn't you think the problem lies with my own mindset?

That being said, it is probably a good idea to be armed and on the lookout when walking to work at 4 a.m. in almost any part of the city. I knew a dude who got robbed and beaten in Metairie. Same time of the day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom