X-Com 2 (1 Viewer)

No gauss, but I have magnetic. No armor. I can get through the mission OK (2 mutons), but I probably shouldn't skull jack at the same time.

Squad size is 5 right now.

yeah your in good shape, I would not try and skulljack anyone during those missions. Equipt it and if it happens it happens. But those missions are hard in this game, they were tough in XCom as well.

The faceless guys make these missions a PITA, because I already rufuse to double move to a perceived civilian only to have it mutate into that damn thing.

They start killing civilians and try to get you in a panic, but saving 6/13 will still yeild good results. I only one move/overwatch into uncharted territory, and one move to rescue civilians, and back away with move 2 if it turns into a faceless one. Also, the first guy I move will be traveling the furthest. No one gets ahead of that soilder, nothing worse than moving a guy ahead on the final move, and alert an enemy mob at the end of your turn. If I don't alert them with that first guy, i'm not going to proc them with my movement that turn. I'll let them move into my sightlines and i'll counter. When one mob is in sightlines, I do not move anyone to uncharted areas of the map. Focus on that mob of 3 - 4 troops. Once you alert 2 mobs, and have 6 - 8 of those ******** running around, well things obviously get alot harder.

i just use skull jack with armour lock

problem solved

You will be happy to know, Earth was avenged last night!

I beat the game, playthrough 11. Thankfully on the final mission after you enter the point of no return, they let you restart the mission even on Ironman mode, because it took me multiple tries.

All in all this game is awesome! I am going to play through again, because its one of those games that could have gone on and been drawn out so you can continue and get much better. The PSI characters were great, but I only managed to get 2 trained up good, but they have some great abilities. The inspire buff I found particularly useful (allowed an extra turn for any squad mate) Got me out of a lot of trouble if I accidently entered an area and proc'ed some aliens, I could run back. Or if multiple enemies approached and needed 2 kills, or if I missed a good flanked shot, you can inspire the person and they go again. Very helpful!

Mimic beacon is great too, a little OP because they are guaranteed to attack it. If you get melee aliens and throw on of those out you can lure them out of cover very easily for easy kill shots.

I want to expand my arsenal of heavy weapons a little more. You can build random weapons, ammo, and armor in the proving grounds. Some great items randomly made in there.

Was a lot of fun, going to go back and play through again, and pick up a couple missed achievements. Also lost 20 of my recruits, and at the end they compare your stats to world average and mine was way higher than the world average of 3. So I need to clean that up a bit (that or the rest of you are a bunch of save scummers!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom