X-Men and Fantastic Four officially under Marvel now (1 Viewer)

I'm really hyped to get an actual X-Men franchise. For everyone one thing Fox did right with the X-men, they would bungle three more. The idea of the X-Men in consistently capable hands who won't produce garbled, toned down gibberish is really great. Maybe one day we'll get an actual Dark Phoenix story worthy of the comic (word is this upcoming Dark Phoenix movie from Fox may be the worst X-Men movie ever. Test screening have been brutal.). But this is the MCU. They wouldn't be afraid to give us Arcade or Mojoworld or Lockheed or any number of other X-Men things that are wonderful that Fox would have never touched. I assume actual, proper Sentinels are all but assured and that alone will make them superior.

The X-men will be amazing back under the Marvel Umbrella. However, I have so many doubts that Fantastic 4 can be done "properly". The character Mr. Fantastic is just so...cheesy. Everyone else I can see working great but, smh, you can't have the Fanastic 4 without him. Can you? Please?

You emphasize him as the smartest man on Earth and de-emphasize the stretchy silliness. He makes Tony Stark and Shuri look like solid B+ students. His brain has always been his biggest asset in the comics, anyway. You also make it a family/adventure/cosmic explorers story and not straight superheroics. You make a badass Dr. Doom. It can be done. Fox made a lot of stupid choices to repeatedly screw it all up as badly as they did. Multiple times. The idea of a proper MCU Galactus and Silver Surfer and Dr. Doom thrills me to no end.

I'm really hyped to get an actual X-Men franchise. For everyone one thing Fox did right with the X-men, they would bungle three more. The idea of the X-Men in consistently capable hands who won't produce garbled, toned down gibberish is really great. Maybe one day we'll get an actual Dark Phoenix story worthy of the comic (word is this upcoming Dark Phoenix movie from Fox may be the worst X-Men movie ever. Test screening have been brutal.). But this is the MCU. They wouldn't be afraid to give us Arcade or Mojoworld or Lockheed or any number of other X-Men things that are wonderful that Fox would have never touched. I assume actual, proper Sentinels are all but assured and that alone will make them superior.

You emphasize him as the smartest man on Earth and de-emphasize the stretchy silliness. He makes Tony Stark and Shuri look like solid B+ students. His brain has always been his biggest asset in the comics, anyway. You also make it a family/adventure/cosmic explorers story and not straight superheroics. You make a badass Dr. Doom. It can be done. Fox made a lot of stupid choices to repeatedly screw it all up as badly as they did. Multiple times. The idea of a proper MCU Galactus and Silver Surfer and Dr. Doom thrills me to no end.
I'd love to see Arcade on the big screen

As a simple X-Men (not comics, just the cartoon from 90s) fan I really don't know what to think or expect? I thoroughly enjoyed the heck out of most of the movies, things def went sideways sometimes but I liked how they 'fixed' things in DoFP... since then meh. I don't need all the mash-ups with Avengers, because it's convoluted enough just trying to introduce a proper ensemble of that kind of magnitude, along with doing the villains correctly too. There is so much untapped and rich areas to explore with the X-Men and rebooting it. Just have an all arching type of phase plan, please!

I want a Mutant Massacre similar to the way Claremont wrote it in the comics.

Now, DON'T reboot Fantastic Four with a new origin story. Just roll them into the existing universe.
Problem with that is it raises the, "so what the heck have they been doing during all the shenanigans of the last decade or so?" question. I'd prefer them to introduce them, but maybe skip the full origin story (kind of like they did with Spider-Man).

I can see the movies going into Galactus, and the Silver Surfer, next though. Wish they'd had the Silver Surfer in time for him to be involved with Thanos. But at least they've got a tonne of quality material to keep them going for a while yet.

A well done Doom is worth the price of admission.

I'm conflicted on this.

Though I have enjoyed some of the MCU movies, characters like Iron Man and Captain America were the lamest superheroes in comics when I was a kid in the 80s/early 90s. The X-Men and Spiderman were THE comics at that time. When I think comic books from my youth I think Spiderman, Wolverine, Venom, Carnage, Juggernaut, Cable, Gambit, etc.

Surely, Disney can do better with those properties than Fox. (I know Spiderman is Sony)
At the very least, Bryan Singer will finally get the boot.

But, fork... does Disney have to own everything?
Don't mess with the mouse.

The X-men will be amazing back under the Marvel Umbrella. However, I have so many doubts that Fantastic 4 can be done "properly". The character Mr. Fantastic is just so...cheesy. Everyone else I can see working great but, smh, you can't have the Fanastic 4 without him. Can you? Please?
Honestly, the fantastic 4 sorta suck. Never cared about them.

They can find a way to bring doom is without needing the fantastic 4.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom