X-Men and Fantastic Four officially under Marvel now (1 Viewer)

Disney had made 4 SW mo is and 3 of them have been good.

I'm curious to what 3? Without looking it up, I'm assuming we're talking about Solo, TLJ, TFA and Rogue One.

Rogue One was probably my favorite of the bunch, TFA and Solo were decent, and I actually enjoyed TLJ in the theater, but upon watching it a second time, it left me scratching my head tbh.

Overall, Disney hasn't been bad at all with SW, certainly far better than the prequels, but I'm honestly wanting more. I really think there's room for improvement.

But wait, this thread has been jacked.

The X-Men in with the MCU? Yesss! Fantastic 4? Not really as excited, but, I'll definitely give Marvel a chance to do something creative with it.

TLJ is trash. Rouge One ranks just after Empire for me. Solo got a bad rap for the nerd revolt, but on it's own merits it is a very good addition. The Force Awakens of course was good, no doubt boosted by a hunger for more SW cinema and a desire for it to not suck as bad as the sequels.

Looks like the Fox X-Men series is going out with a wimper, with Dark Phoenix being far and away the worst reviewed movie from the series. Not too shocking, based on the word of mouth from early test screenings (and the resulting reshoots and multiple delays in the release), and when I saw the review embargo wouldn't be lifted until the day before the release I knew it was a bad sign. Of the recent ones I thought that First Class and Days of Future Past were both really good, but Apocalypse was pretty terrible and it sounds like they just cratered with this one.

Looks like the Fox X-Men series is going out with a wimper, with Dark Phoenix being far and away the worst reviewed movie from the series. Not too shocking, based on the word of mouth from early test screenings (and the resulting reshoots and multiple delays in the release), and when I saw the review embargo wouldn't be lifted until the day before the release I knew it was a bad sign. Of the recent ones I thought that First Class and Days of Future Past were both really good, but Apocalypse was pretty terrible and it sounds like they just cratered with this one.

Not only does it look terrible, but... it just doesn't matter. Hopefully in the next few years X-Men will get the reboot it deserves and the treatment and continuity we deserve. The original X-Men and First Class were pretty good, but the rest are a mess. Give it a couple years for the memory dust to settle and find a way to introduce them to the MCU. Not sure how all of a sudden a school for mutants will have existed all along with spy planes... but I'll reserve judgement until it does. I suppose they can start fresh saying the "un-snap" caused weird stuff to happen and do like a modern day First Class with Charles Xavier and build on it for years to come. I would be down for that, but it would make us wait for the core team most of us want. I suppose Professor X can be older and have always had some mind powers, but all of a sudden they got greatly enhanced and he starts to take in some teen to middle aged mutants that are popping up. This would give them a couple of movies to work with before he creates and starts to use Cerebro.

I think Disney is intentionally kid of burying it, anyway. The marketing campaign has been really weak for a summer tentpole. They were never going to not release it after the Fox acquisition, but they know its bad and it's the effective end of the Fox X-Men universe (barring New Mutants, which they're going to bury even harder and which, if reports are to be believed, is an absolute mess of a movie) so they just want to sweep it under the rug and move on and start fresh with those characters under the Marvel Studios banner, whenever that may be.

Well now we know why Capt's story was written with that conclusion in End Game. He is going back to his roots.

I know this won't happen, but I am actually hoping for an ENTIRE reboot, of everything and starting the Marvel Cinematic Universe completely over, mentioning mutants and giving the stories the canon treatment, where the Avengers and the X-Men coexist and work together. That would be really REALLY freaking EPIC. Can you imagine the amount of money that would generate. They have a clean slate and can double-dip into the well.

. I suppose they can start fresh saying the "un-snap" caused weird stuff to happen

There's something in Far From Home that may hint to this.

I know this won't happen, but I am actually hoping for an ENTIRE reboot, of everything and starting the Marvel Cinematic Universe completely over, mentioning mutants and giving the stories the canon treatment, where the Avengers and the X-Men coexist and work together. That would be really REALLY freaking EPIC. Can you imagine the amount of money that would generate. They have a clean slate and can double-dip into the well.

I would have to pass on that. I just don't have the super-hero energy to start over.

I would have to pass on that. I just don't have the super-hero energy to start over.

We've all invested our time and money into the MCU. Even when some of the movies were not the greatest they were good as their part of the whole and "worth it". I'd be very disappointed if they just erased things and started over. To me while very few of the MCU movies are "classic" the movies as a whole are a classic franchise. You don't reboot them any more than you would Star Wars. You can add chapters, but no funky alterations of the past that make everything that we invested time and money in have never happened. I think they were even conscious of that with Endgame which is why they handled it the way they did instead of changing the events of IW.

....and another thing! :rant:

I'm good with bringing the FF into the MCU. It could be done easily and integrated in especially with the more cosmic focus moving forward.

Frankly, I'd be fine with seeing a second mutant universe with the various X related properties. I don't need them to touch the MCU. Frankly, the MCU is bloated already.

The X-Men stories are very unique and function fine as their own thing. Let the X Universe be the X Universe, just do it with the same quality and patience as the MCU.

I agree, the X-men stories are so good, they don't need the rest of the MCU. The story just has to be told slowly. It all starts with Charles and Magneto. Dedicate an entire movie to their childhoods.

That’s a semi-hard ‘nah’ for me
I’d prefer the MCU continue going galactic - ms marvel, GotG, and now silver surfer
But move X-men into the place they were trying to go with the Hells Kitchen gang (or SHIELD)
X-men stories seem to work much better as long runs

Last edited:
I can almost guarantee you, people would STILL watch reboots of Marvel Cinematic characters. We are comic book nerds. This is the quintessential shut-up and take my money crowd. lol. The likes of Colossus, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler working together with Ironman, Spidey, and Dr. Strange. I would be ALL of the way in. lol

....and another thing! :rant:

I'm good with bringing the FF into the MCU. It could be done easily and integrated in especially with the more cosmic focus moving forward.

Frankly, I'd be fine with seeing a second mutant universe with the various X related properties. I don't need them to touch the MCU. Frankly, the MCU is bloated already.

The X-Men stories are very unique and function fine as their own thing. Let the X Universe be the X Universe, just do it with the same quality and patience as the MCU.

I agree and I would prefer that they started a new X-MCU that didn't mesh with the current MCU. They could do X-Men, X-Force, and X-Factor among many other things and leave Avengers and possibly FF in the current MCU.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom