X-Men and Fantastic Four officially under Marvel now (1 Viewer)

I can almost guarantee you, people would STILL watch reboots of Marvel Cinematic characters. We are comic book nerds. This is the quintessential shut-up and take my money crowd. lol. The likes of Colossus, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler working together with Ironman, Spidey, and Dr. Strange. I would be ALL of the way in. lol

I think it would be interesting, but at the same time, I just feel like it's better to continue developing the MCU and adding new characters and worlds continuing on the timeline from the conclusion of Endgame. I mean, I'm not totally opposed to a reboot, but I think there would be more interest in a continuation of an ongoing epic saga. If anything, I'd rather see a complete beginning to end reboot of Star Wars than MCU.

I don't know why people want this. They tried it in the comics with Heroes Reborn and it was so horrible they reversed what was supposed to be a permanent decision within a year. The X-Men have always been part of the broader Marvel universe, from day one. Keeping them separate just limits your story possibilities.

I don't know why people want this. They tried it in the comics with Heroes Reborn and it was so horrible they reversed what was supposed to be a permanent decision within a year. The X-Men have always been part of the broader Marvel universe, from day one. Keeping them separate just limits your story possibilities.

Yeah, I would just add them into the timeline post Endgame. Maybe some of the origin stories could predate or run concurrent previous MCU films, but I think Endgame is a key turning point in the overall epic story and dovetailing X-Men into the MCU story post-Endgame would be the way to go. It will be interesting to see how Kevin Feige approaches this.

I wonder if the post-snap consequences will be a factor in the X-Men story. It seems that could open a lot of possibilities, maybe spin off some multi-verse/time travel stuff in the future.

One of the liberties of comic books/sci-fi/fantasy is you can make up the rules a little as you go (as long as you don't make new rules that directly conflict with old ones, anyway) so I think the MCU can handle integrating mutants a couple of really simple ways. One could be that the time traveling caused some ripples resulting in the rise of mutants, and a second could play off the idea that mutants have been around but have been "hiding in the shadows" to avoid detection. Or they could combine those two ideas and make it so that mutants developed as a result of the time ripples but have mostly been living in hiding or under the radar.

I'm not saying I don't want them to, just that I'd be fine if they didn't. The X Universe is rich enough to stand on its own.

If they bring them in and I don't get a Wolverine and Captain America WW2 movie I'll riot. :mad1: The Russos writing and directing a Wolvie and Cap WW2 espionage film would cause me to camp outside the theater waiting for it. For years.

I know this won't happen, but I am actually hoping for an ENTIRE reboot, of everything and starting the Marvel Cinematic Universe completely over, mentioning mutants and giving the stories the canon treatment, where the Avengers and the X-Men coexist and work together. That would be really REALLY freaking EPIC. Can you imagine the amount of money that would generate. They have a clean slate and can double-dip into the well.

We've all invested our time and money into the MCU. Even when some of the movies were not the greatest they were good as their part of the whole and "worth it". I'd be very disappointed if they just erased things and started over. To me while very few of the MCU movies are "classic" the movies as a whole are a classic franchise. You don't reboot them any more than you would Star Wars. You can add chapters, but no funky alterations of the past that make everything that we invested time and money in have never happened. I think they were even conscious of that with Endgame which is why they handled it the way they did instead of changing the events of IW.

I agree about Star Wars (not the prequels, I'd actually love a do over on those) but I'd hate to see a rebooted Star Wars with someone other than Harrison, Mark and Carrie as Han, Luke and Leia

That said, I thought the same thing about Shatner & Nimoy and Captain Kirk & Spock

The difference with comics is that comics are relaunched all the time, comic movies are rebooted all the time, how many batmen and Spidermen have there been

The MCU is a bitdifferent, I'll grant that. They's have to it in one fell swoop and do the whole thing over

I think that Doisney will do just that in about a decade

The actors will age out of the roles or just get sick of doing them

And recasting a major role in the MCU won;t be the same as recasting Red Skull or Rhodey

They've done a great job with lesser known characters like Ant Man and Guardians but these movies depends on the heavy hitters

I think that they'll do another long multi movie arc (phase 5?) with marvel's version of crisis on Infinite earth and just reset the whole universe

Then relaunch with a younger cast that they can get another 12-15 years of movies out of

Rumors are starting to persist that Marvel is eyeing 2022 for a F4 movie, with possibly Peyton Reed directing. (Peyton did the Ant-Man movies). Still lowkey buzz, so take it with a grain of salt.

Rumors are starting to persist that Marvel is eyeing 2022 for a F4 movie, with possibly Peyton Reed directing. (Peyton did the Ant-Man movies). Still lowkey buzz, so take it with a grain of salt.
Opening scene: Reed, Sue & Ben die in the cosmic blast -- Johnny, Surfer, Doom and Galactus become the new fantastic 4

Opening scene: Reed, Sue & Ben die in the cosmic blast -- Johnny, Surfer, Doom and Galactus become the new fantastic 4

All kidding aside, I'd love it if they went with comics more as far as having other people on the team. Like She-Hulk and Crystal. Might not be great for the first movie, but if it does well, it would be nice to at least see those 2

I think it is pretty straightforward to add mutants in the MCU. Either aftermath of the snap people didnt notice, the reversal, or the spiderman far from home tease....

Now, we dont have a cosmic big bad (can add later), we have an internal bad conflict, right when I bet the world is on a super happy high to get people back. Verge of world peace, ruined by mutants. Humanity has an enemy. Avengers v Xmen. Down the road.

I think it is pretty straightforward to add mutants in the MCU. Either aftermath of the snap people didnt notice, the reversal, or the spiderman far from home tease....

Now, we dont have a cosmic big bad (can add later), we have an internal bad conflict, right when I bet the world is on a super happy high to get people back. Verge of world peace, ruined by mutants. Humanity has an enemy. Avengers v Xmen. Down the road.
Absolutely! And it would be interesting to see which side Scarlet Witch plays for in the MCU version.

I think some are over-thinking the introduction of mutants stuff. All they have to do is say they were in hiding fearing persecution.

As for FF, since it's been stated the next phase will be more cosmic, they definitely should be involved. With Tony gone, the MCU can use the intellect of Reed Richards. The casting will be key. And, a proper Dr Doom.

The issue with both properties will be trying not to rehash things from the other movie variations.

Absolutely! And it would be interesting to see which side Scarlet Witch plays for in the MCU version.

I agree. For me, the best reason to bring the X-men into the current MCU is to build to the 'House of M' story line. I think it would be great to have a local conflict in between finding a new big bad from space. With the Infinity Stones destroyed and Hulk possibly crippled, Scarlet Witch is one of the most powerful things on Earth and could feel it's her place to solve the problem of Mutants starting to pop up everywhere.

I think some are over-thinking the introduction of mutants stuff. All they have to do is say they were in hiding fearing persecution.

As for FF, since it's been stated the next phase will be more cosmic, they definitely should be involved. With Tony gone, the MCU can use the intellect of Reed Richards. The casting will be key. And, a proper Dr Doom.

The issue with both properties will be trying not to rehash things from the other movie variations.

Possibly, but if Magneto, Xavier, and Wolverine have been around since WWII, why didn't they help when the world was going to sheet? I wouldn't feel as if they are true heroes if they just hid out and did nothing.

I agree that with Tony gone, it's a great time for them to find Reed Richards. However, Shuri is still around and pretty smart in her own right and could pick up some of his slack, too. Also, with Hulk hobbled, The Thing could be useful.

I think a proper Dr Doom would be one of the more exciting things about bringing in the FF.

Last edited:
Possibly, but if Magneto, Xavier, and Wolverine have been around since WWII, why didn't they help when the world was going to shirt? I wouldn't fee as if they are true heroes if they just hid out and did nothing.

I agree that with Tony gone, it's a great time for them to find Reed Richards. However, Shuri is still around and pretty smart in her own right and could pick up some of his slack, too. Also, with Hulk hobbled, The Thing could be useful.

I think a proper Dr Doom would be one of the more exciting things about bringing in the FF.

In the MCU there is a big gap between Captain America in World War II and Iron Man showing up timeline wise. As far as we know the only superheros active during that period were the original Ant-Man and Wasp during the Cold War era and Captain Marvel in the 90's and that was largely a major secret. So you've got a lot blank time there where you could tell all kinds of stories.

One thing the comics have touched on a few times is that, for whatever reason, the general public is more accepting of people who were "gifted" or "earned" their powers, versus mutants who are just born with them. Basically looking at the former as normal humans who made good and the latter as baseline humanity's replacement, to be hated and feared. So you can draw a lot of dramatic tension from the idea that Avengers level characters are seen as rare and godlike, but then suddenly people with powers start popping up everywhere and it causes serious social friction.

That said, I'd expect Xavier's origins to be moved way up in the timeline from World War II (the comics have already done this with their sliding timeline numerous times). Magneto is trickier, as the Holocaust is an intrinsic part of his motivation as a character but he'd be like 90 or older in real time. May have to fudge a slow aging explanation or something and have him really pop up later. Comics have, rather convolutedly, de-aged him a couple of times to keep him viable in current stories.

Last edited:
Actually, now I have this idea of starting with a very elderly, bitter Magneto who is maybe on the verge of death and he strikes a deal with some power (Kang the Conqueror, the High Evolutionary, whatever) to regain some of his youth so he can usher in a mutant utopia. That could work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom