X-Men and Fantastic Four officially under Marvel now (1 Viewer)

I went to see Endgame for the second time this week and during it had an epiphany about introducing the FF. It would be cool if they were in space already when Stark snapped and were hit with the energy wave from that. Bam, Fantastic Four, and a slight variation of their real origin (hit with cosmic radiation in space).

I went to see Endgame for the second time this week and during it had an epiphany about introducing the FF. It would be cool if they were in space already when Stark snapped and were hit with the energy wave from that. Bam, Fantastic Four, and a slight variation of their real origin (hit with cosmic radiation in space).

Rumor this week is they’re going with Peyton Reed’s pitch from a few years back of making it a 60’s, Golden Age, daytime superhero period piece. And Endgame gave us a way to get them to present day in future installments.

Rumor this week is they’re going with Peyton Reed’s pitch from a few years back of making it a 60’s, Golden Age, daytime superhero period piece. And Endgame gave us a way to get them to present day in future installments.

Oh man, with Reed in the Marvel fold and FF back at home, I would love to see him finally get a shot to do that version he pitched all those years ago. From all accounts that was a real passion project for him.

The speculation in this thread is great. I'm digging some of these ideas. The Avengers vs. Mutants would be an interesting scenario. I'm already eager to see where Marvel runs with the next phase.

Looks like the Fox X-Men series is going out with a wimper, with Dark Phoenix being far and away the worst reviewed movie from the series. Not too shocking, based on the word of mouth from early test screenings (and the resulting reshoots and multiple delays in the release), and when I saw the review embargo wouldn't be lifted until the day before the release I knew it was a bad sign. Of the recent ones I thought that First Class and Days of Future Past were both really good, but Apocalypse was pretty terrible and it sounds like they just cratered with this one.

Watching this now while doing some work and it seems like it should accidentally be better than it is. I keep thinking it will get better, but it isn't.

Watching this now while doing some work and it seems like it should accidentally be better than it is. I keep thinking it will get better, but it isn't.
Dark Phoenix was probably my favorite comic arc ever
the movie version was the exact opposite of favorite
god did it suck

I'm conflicted on this.

Though I have enjoyed some of the MCU movies, characters like Iron Man and Captain America were the lamest superheroes in comics when I was a kid in the 80s/early 90s. The X-Men and Spiderman were THE comics at that time. When I think comic books from my youth I think Spiderman, Wolverine, Venom, Carnage, Juggernaut, Cable, Gambit, etc.

Surely, Disney can do better with those properties than Fox. (I know Spiderman is Sony)
At the very least, Bryan Singer will finally get the boot.

But, fork... does Disney have to own everything?

Don't mess with the Mouse.

1586284287926.png

I think I saw every other X-men movie in the theater but Dark Phoenix. My wife and I finally tried to watch it a few weeks ago after it arrived on the premium channels. I don't think I made it halfway before falling asleep, and I haven't had any motivation to go finish it.

He botched it completely. Twice. But in my heart of hearts, I'd still have to say Dark Phoenix - while boring in parts - is more competent and enjoyable than The Last Stand. That's as mild as praise can get, because I still think it's in the bottom two or three X-movies. Honestly, I don't know what they were thinking bringing Kinberg back for another swing at it, unless it was a case where nobody else would take it and they needed to get production going, as some kind of reward to him as a thank you for being on the franchise so long.

While we're all locked up and every movie between now and July pushed back to later in the year or next year, I wish they'd drop New Mutants on Disney+. They need content, we need something to do/talk about, and they could finally close the book on that era, once and for all. I don't even care if it's any good at this point. I'm just curious to finally see it after all this time.

He botched it completely. Twice. But in my heart of hearts, I'd still have to say Dark Phoenix - while boring in parts - is more competent and enjoyable than The Last Stand. That's as mild as praise can get, because I still think it's in the bottom two or three X-movies. Honestly, I don't know what they were thinking bringing Kinberg back for another swing at it, unless it was a case where nobody else would take it and they needed to get production going, as some kind of reward to him as a thank you for being on the franchise so long.

While we're all locked up and every movie between now and July pushed back to later in the year or next year, I wish they'd drop New Mutants on Disney+. They need content, we need something to do/talk about, and they could finally close the book on that era, once and for all. I don't even care if it's any good at this point. I'm just curious to finally see it after all this time.

I disagree about Dark Phoenix vs Last Stand. At least Last Stand had great moments (Wolvie in the forest, I'm the Juggernaut _____). Dark Phoenix literally didn't not have one single moment in the movie I enjoyed. Heck, the last fight in Last Stand was dumb from a story standpoint but had some neat uses of people's powers. DP didn't even have that.

I disagree about Dark Phoenix vs Last Stand. At least Last Stand had great moments (Wolvie in the forest, I'm the Juggernaut _____). Dark Phoenix literally didn't not have one single moment in the movie I enjoyed. Heck, the last fight in Last Stand was dumb from a story standpoint but had some neat uses of people's powers. DP didn't even have that.
this
and the costumes were awful
and the casting was awful
and the character assassination of professor x was awful
and what was up with mystique?
why couldn't they just do the imperial guard?

this
and the costumes were awful
and the casting was awful
and the character assassination of professor x was awful
and what was up with mystique?
why couldn't they just do the imperial guard?

The making of the movie is probably more interesting than the movie itself. They ripped up their entire 3rd act and changed it to the train scene after they got word that Captain Marvel's climax was also a space battle. The plot with Jessica Chastain's character and the alien race also feels entirely half-baked.

The making of the movie is probably more interesting than the movie itself. They ripped up their entire 3rd act and changed it to the train scene after they got word that Captain Marvel's climax was also a space battle. The plot with Jessica Chastain's character and the alien race also feels entirely half-baked.
ah...that makes a bit more sense
doesn't help the other stuff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom