X-wings Top Gun-edition... (1 Viewer)

Not gonna lie, when I first heard that there was going to be a SW movie called Rogue One, I was really hoping it was going to be about Rogue Squadron...
That would have made too much sense.

Not gonna lie, when I first heard that there was going to be a SW movie called Rogue One, I was really hoping it was going to be about Rogue Squadron...

I thought the same thing, lol. Rogue was one of my favorite SW movies, but one about Rogue squadron would be epic imo.

I thought the same thing, lol. Rogue was one of my favorite SW movies, but one about Rogue squadron would be epic imo.
If you haven't read the Rogue Squadron books, you should... but yeah, I'd love a SW movie of just dogfights...

I thought Rogue One was ok...but I had huge problems with it since it directly opposed parts of the original trilogy story.

I thought Rogue One was ok...but I had huge problems with it since it directly opposed parts of the original trilogy story.

I could never dig the characters ... except for blind force guy and his BFG guy bro. I perfectly understood their motivations for what they did. It would have been a better movie if they were actually the main characters. But the main character and rebel spec ops guy, not so much. I just never empathized with them, at all.

How did it directly oppose the original trilogy?

There were no Bothans in Rogue 1. The original trilogy said that Bothan spys were responsible for getting the death star plans. Bothans were a furry humanoid species.

It's been retconned to say that the Bothans just discovered the location of the death stars now, not the plans, but I'm still a bit salty about it

It's been retconned to say that the Bothans just discovered the location of the death stars now, not the plans, but I'm still a bit salty about it

But still the 2nd Death Star right? Mon Mothma's speech mentioning Bothans was in Return of the Jedi. I don't think they were mentioned on A New Hope regarding the first Death Star.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom