Xavien Howard officially requests trade (1 Viewer)

Two teams from last year's playoffs huh? We shall see how this South Beach drama will unfolds

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-152557_Bleacher Report.jpg
    Screenshot_20210728-152557_Bleacher Report.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 22
That is hands down the best trade demand I have ever seen or heard of. Really well thought out and executed. I think the Dolphins should issue a response to this demand. I want to see both sides just put it all out there in the open and let the public decide on whether or not he'll be traded. And where he's traded to.

According to this report. Howard is not looking for a new contract. He has 4 years left and reportedly only more guaranteed money.

According to this report. Howard is not looking for a new contract. He has 4 years left and reportedly only more guaranteed money.

he did mention that in his IG post. To give him more guaranteed money they would basically need a new contract (or restructure… semantics). Not years, but more loot.

And with MT gone, we would fall back on... Who exactly?
The same receiving RBs and same WRs (except Sanders) that we fell back on last year and right now without MT. He’ll be playing through injury again or the posteffects of it in back to back seasons.

I think the dead cap can be worked around again next year just like we did this offseason. It’s not ideal to have to restructure the cap every offseason but Loomis has proven it can be done each time when it helps retain active elite players.

To get Howard only means delaying the problem for a year, but with less resources.

If Howard is a saint, Lattimore will only be with the team for next season. We simply can’t afford two top cornerback salaries.

I would do this only if I am convinced Howard is much better than Lattimore, and if I trust our rookie corner will be able to start next year.

Trading for Howard is a move you make when in ‘win now’ mode and have a genuine shot at a super bowl. We don’t so it would be silly to give away a first when we are probably going to need a QB next offseason. I’d rather keep that first and use it to draft a QB or trade for a Wilson, Rodgers or Watson.

Trading for Howard is a move you make when in ‘win now’ mode and have a genuine shot at a super bowl. We don’t so it would be silly to give away a first when we are probably going to need a QB next offseason. I’d rather keep that first and use it to draft a QB or trade for a Wilson, Rodgers or Watson.
+1, save that capital just in case JW/TH turn out to not be our answer. We are pretty decent at picking up secondary talent in the later rounds, not so much any other position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom