Xavier Rhodes v Desmond Trufant - who would you draft? (1 Viewer)

Xavier Rhodes v Desmond Trufant - who would you draft?

• Xavier Rhodes

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Desmond Trufant

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
It may be that all the OLB's are gone when the Saints get to pick in round 1. Cornerback is the obvious position to target next. So who would it be? Milliner will be gone. The top two guys left (if they're not gone too) will be Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant. I think these two guys are it after that in the first round. We could even end up trading down a few spots and still get one of them, that would probably be the best case scenario.

Who is superior? Who suits the Saints and Rob Ryan's 3-4 defense best?

Trufant is the best man corner in this draft. Rhodes can't cover after his elite press. If a receiver beats his press its over. Rhodes also benefits a lot from his 3 1st round talent pass rushers in Jenkins, Werner and Carradine. You take away the pass rusher and he is big trouble after the press.

I started this thread thinking Rhodes was better but I've been reading up on Trufant and he could be the best corner in the draft. :scratch:

At 15 a very good DE, DT, OT or OLB is going to fall in our laps. We're in a good spot. I just wish we were ahead of Tampa and Carolina... But if we traded back to the later part of the 1st round, I'd take Vaccaro > Elam > Trufant > Rhodes

Trufant is the better option art corner he is a true man to man CB while Rhodes skills will make him more suited to plat zone.

If Mingo/Jordon are off the board you trade back pick up a second rounder and maybe get in a position to draft Minter
But for Purpose of this article i would chose Trufant. Altho he lacks Size. His natural instincts and speed aswell as great hands makes him a pure corner.

Trufant is the better cover corner. Rhodes is the better press corner.

I'm pretty sure RR plays a lot of off-man coverage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom