Xbox 720 Could Mean The End for Used Games (1 Viewer)

SuperQuincy

You said it mon!
Reaction score
Title says it all. I for one have pretty much moved on to PC gaming. My gaming laptop plays all titles on the market flawlessly, and with steam I always have something new to play on the cheap. Plus I am into MMO, RTS (StarCraft, warcraft, stronghold), and Turn based simulation games (Civ 5, total war etc.) Which consoles do not provide.

But I still like my sports games, which are limited on the PC.

This would be a deal breaker for me. I don't think I could support a system doing this. If it came down to Xbox720 with this format, or a PS4 (who to my knowledge is not doing this) I would go back to sony, and I am a pretty big X-Box supporter.

Xbox 720 Could Mean the End for Used Games | STACK Gamer

Is this just something we will have to get used to, and the way all consoles are headed due to the influx of used games from Gamestop, and even the rentals from gamefly, red box etc. Or can we make a statement by not supporting this type of setup as they watch their sales plummet, and hopefully revert to the old. Due to my like of PC gaming I could see myself consoleless (< that's not a word) for the first time in probably 20 years if need be.

Also, I do not support this monstrosity they are calling a controller. This better not be what they roll out.

Attachments

• Xbox720.jpg
    Xbox720.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 40
i hope you don't really think that is what the next Xbox controller will look like

I hope that's the next Xbox controller...what a cluster that thing is!!

i doubt the next xbox controller will be much different than the present one

I hope that's the next Xbox controller...what a cluster that thing is!!

Why do you hope that? I'm not a fan of Microsoft, but I'd like it if the two possible consoles remain competitive and that controller would be awful. That being said, antipop is right, that is just a mock up, not what it will really look like.

As far as the used game thing, I don't really care. I barely have time to play the new titles that come out, despite the fact that most of it is trash, so I have no time for used games anyway. Plus, if there is something I want to play I tend to buy it right when it comes out so used games just don't matter to me.

It'd be suicide for MS to not all used games with the other significant next gen console confirming their console will allow used games to be played.

I say BS.

It'd be suicide for MS to not all used games with the other significant next gen console confirming their console will allow used games to be played.

I say BS.

The thing is that the game companies are already taking steps to stop or at least cut down on the number of used games sold with the fees for online play. Plus, if they wanted to, they could just change the license they sell you and make it so that it can only be used on one machine the same way Microsoft does with Office. That would end the retail rental and used game market in a snap because it would be illegal for say Gamestop to buy or sell the used games.

But, my guess is that if Microsoft does this, Sony will do the same since the force behind this are the makers of the games, not the makers of the consoles.

Because the jokes would write themselves for years. This forum would have a complete meltdown. It would be hysterical.

/I only game on the PC, so I have no dog in this fight.

Oh, I'm sure we will find something else stupid, childish and petty to argue about even if they make a normal controller.

Title says it all. I for one have pretty much moved on to PC gaming. My gaming laptop plays all titles on the market flawlessly, and with steam I always have something new to play on the cheap. Plus I am into MMO, RTS (StarCraft, warcraft, stronghold), and Turn based simulation games (Civ 5, total war etc.) Which consoles do not provide.

This would be a deal breaker for me. I don't think I could support a system doing this. If it came down to Xbox720 with this format, or a PS4 (who to my knowledge is not doing this) I would go back to sony, and I am a pretty big X-Box supporter.

Is this just something we will have to get used to, and the way all consoles are headed due to the influx of used games from Gamestop, and even the rentals from gamefly, red box etc. Or can we make a statement by not supporting this type of setup as they watch their sales plummet, and hopefully revert to the old. Due to my like of PC gaming I could see myself consoleless (< that's not a word) for the first time in probably 20 years if need be.

Also, I do not support this monstrosity they are calling a controller. This better not be what they roll out.

Me thinks someone is smoking too much weed if you believe that story and controller. Looks like the controller from the ps4 thread except for microsoft and not sony.

Well I refuse to comment on those concept photos, but you do know the exact same rumors about eliminating used games; were circulating about the PS4 before their conference too right?

ms would be dumb to do it considering none of their main competitors are. it aint happening

Most likely Microsoft was pushing the "no used games" route and when Sony announced they're still going to allow it, Microsoft will cut that out themselves because it'd be devastating for them if they were the only one to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom