Xbox Series s or x ? (1 Viewer)

staphory

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Opinions? Would be upgrading from X box One.
Got a lot of time on my hands. Will be gaming more

i don't have either one but i would definitely get the Series X....especially if you have older xbox games

The S doesn't have the horsepower or a disc drive...

Neither they both stink🤣 j/k . I agree get the X the s series was a useless release in most respects it was supposed to be a offering to compete with the Xbox one faster load times better graphics and improvements to performance without 4k graphics.

It seems like they wanted to hit a price point that would let people on a budget enjoy their next gen games which the Xbox one wouldn't fully let you like the ps4. It is a good idea but with the price difference if you are going to do more gaming go for the X. What is next gen games without 4k capabilities basically a waste of money.

I think the game pass is a great thing. Sony could have learned something there because the PS plus and now both stink ..I had both and unless you play online the plus is horrible for the free games.

Neither they both stink🤣 j/k . I agree get the X the s series was a useless release in most respects it was supposed to be a offering to compete with the Xbox one faster load times better graphics and improvements to performance without 4k graphics.

It seems like they wanted to hit a price point that would let people on a budget enjoy their next gen games which the Xbox one wouldn't fully let you like the ps4. It is a good idea but with the price difference if you are going to do more gaming go for the X. What is next gen games without 4k capabilities basically a waste of money.

I think the game pass is a great thing. Sony could have learned something there because the PS plus and now both stink ..I had both and unless you play online the plus is horrible for the free games.
Sony is fixing that.

Well there was a loophole to get it for cheap, but it seems that's gone.

Good for those who got it they got a fantastic deal. I never understood having Playstation own as a separate subscription. I mean I know it's about money but as far as taking care of their customers it always seemed underhanded. I am glad they are doing it right by combining the two.

PSnow wasn’t really a bad deal…they have a bunch of games on there if you like trying different stuff…it was $60 for a year

Shadow Warrior 3 is actually on there right now and it’s a new release…so they are obviously trying to improve it…you won’t be seeing Ragnarok on there

Thanks for the comments everyone. I ordered a series X from Microsoft ant it will be here this week

I'm in a similar boat. I have a couple of old 360s and they're RIP now. If anyone has an old 360 that works and not being used, I'd be happy to pay shipping. Otherwise, I may just jump to the Series X as well. I'm just hesitant to spend $600-$700 for a console right now. I have 50+ games I'd like to be able to still use, and the X would allow for that. The lack of backwards compatibility is why I never bought the Xbox One.

Yeah, I'm cheap. I'm curious though. If I play the 360 BF3 and 4 on the X, it will connect to the 360 servers, right?

Edit: I already have Xbox Live. I assume I can simply use my current subscription to play BF online, correct?

Last edited:
I'm in a similar boat. I have a couple of old 360s and they're RIP now. If anyone has an old 360 that works and not being used, I'd be happy to pay shipping. Otherwise, I may just jump to the Series X as well. I'm just hesitant to spend $600-$700 for a console right now. I have 50+ games I'd like to be able to still use, and the X would allow for that. The lack of backwards compatibility is why I never bought the Xbox One.

Yeah, I'm cheap. I'm curious though. If I play the 360 BF3 and 4 on the X, it will connect to the 360 servers, right?

Edit: I already have Xbox Live. I assume I can simply use my current subscription to play BF online, correct?
When I set up my series x it prompted me to sign in on Xbox Live then wanted me to sign up for Gamepass. I did that and it seems like a lot of the older stuff is still there.

I bought my new system direct from Micro$oft as part of a bundle. It made get the elite controller that I don’t like

If you end up buying a Series X I’ll trade you straight up an elite controller for your stock one. If you are interested

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom