XFL now Dallas vs Seattle (1 Viewer)

Seattle squad is as bad as LA & TB. Coaching is day/night with the others... HOUSTON, D. C. & St. Louis are the best teams.
I live in Houston and hope it’s the Roughnecks, but I’m afraid it’s DC right now. Houston has the most explosive offense in the league, but DC’s O is good too, and they have a much better defense.

I live in Houston and hope it’s the Roughnecks, but I’m afraid it’s DC right now. Houston has the most explosive offense in the league, but DC’s O is good too, and they have a much better defense.

I'm pulling for DC and I think their nickname, Defenders, is pretty cool. Seeing fans in the stands with the shields is pretty cool.

While I’m watching this game I’ve been trying to figure out why it’s a decent game despite the obvious skill gap.

I think it might be the reffing. They are somehow calling the penalties that should be called while letting the ticky-tack stuff go. I’m not seeing any obvious miscalls or unbalanced officiating. The fringe calls are still being debated, but that’s ok and expected.

All I wanted from the NFL is consistency in the reffing, and it’s even more baffling now watching a startup league somehow getting it more right than the NFL.
Great point!!! I think you hit the nail on the head! If NFL would take a look and do what they are doing the league would be so much better and they would draw fans that have left, back.

While I’m watching this game I’ve been trying to figure out why it’s a decent game despite the obvious skill gap.

When you say the skill gap, are you talking about between the NFL and the XFL? I don't see how that's relevant to whether or not the games are entertaining or competitive. There's a huge skill gap between high school football and the NFL, yet some of the best games I've seen have been high school football games.

If players on both teams are at similar skill levels, regardless of what that level is, then the games will likely be very competitive and entertaining.

Wasn’t Martez Carter on the Saints roster multiple times?
He be ballin’ today!!

When you say the skill gap, are you talking about between the NFL and the XFL? I don't see how that's relevant to whether or not the games are entertaining or competitive. There's a huge skill gap between high school football and the NFL, yet some of the best games I've seen have been high school football games.

If players on both teams are at similar skill levels, regardless of what that level is, then the games will likely be very competitive and entertaining.
Well, that's you. A big reason I prefer the pro game to college is because of the skill level involved across the board. It's harder to be "wowed" by college players. Entertained? Sure. There's a difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom