Y i think coach SP is NOT leaving (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Given the coach's relationship with the owner, GM, the team and the city, he will not keep the Saints dangling. If he was sure about not coming back, he would want ML and Mrs Benson to get a head start on looking for his replacement as many other teams are.
I will be shocked if he takes his time and then announces that he is leaving, by which time many other good candidates would be signed by other teams.
Unless, he wants to promote an internal candidate.

So, I will bet he stays. Of course, not the house! ;)

I think Payton stays as well, surely if Loomis thought there was a serious chance of him walking away then DA wouldn’t be allowed to interview with the Bears.
He can't be prevented from interviewing as long as the opportunity is a promotion.

So WHY is anyone discussing this
He can still leave coaching and find work in another field.
Hell if he wanted to SP could be the new HC for the New Orleans Breakers.
But if he wants to coach for another NFL team a trade would have to be worked out.

So WHY is anyone discussing this
Sportswriters probably speculating, click bait, want to talk about something besides playoffs. If you are writer from non playoff team , gotta give their fans something even if it's gossip.

After this "BS" season, maybe CSP just wants to get away from it all for a while. Recharge his batteries.
Maybe he feels he doesn't need to answer anyone right now.

Payton will stay for the sole reason of making Rappaport wrong.

Never forget that Payton is the guy that had wrong information intentionally leaked to Rappaport about the Saints draft just to make him look stupid.

Payton doesn't like the media, but he HATES Rappaport.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom