Yahoo!: Lack of halftime show could be just one of many problems with cold-weather Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

I, for one, being a fan of a North East out door team, am excited to finally see those teams get a representitive Super Bowl. I mean, there's plenty of teams that play in that kid of weather for a couple months already, and no one seems to complain about those. In fact, those cities have all had new stadiums built open BECAUSE they like the weather element.

It simply aint fair to southern or southwestern teams who are not use to those conditions. any team from a cold weather city would be alright with it but if you want a fair, balanced SB, the South is where its at. and it should only be between New Oleans, Miami, Houston,and LA.

snowmen.jpg

The NFL has a contingency plan in place for the no-shows

Remember when the Giants hosted our "home game" in 2005? Well they owes us one. How about we host their Super Bowl in a pinch? There is no other city that could put on a Super Bowl on short notice. Make it happen Mother Nature!

I think this is a great idea; ready if you need us! (except Carnival kinda makes that impossible). Metlife stadium is a huge, huge gamble by the owners, and I say owners because if this goes South there is no way it ends up in Goodell's lap.

I think we would all agree the players/game will be fine. What will suck is the week long SB experience for the fans. Who wants to hang out in a parking lot in East Rutherford, NJ for a week? Don't give me this NYC SB stuff. The stadium is in the middle of swamp lands in NJ. I used to pass it everyday when I worked up there. Its a wasteland out there and 45 mts to NYC. Compare strolling through the qtr and a walk to the Dome (although I personally have always thought walking to the Dome from the FQ was kinda long but I am spoiled I guess) vs' NYC to East Rutherford. Not for me.

Remember when the Giants hosted our "home game" in 2005? Well they owes us one. How about we host their Super Bowl in a pinch? There is no other city that could put on a Super Bowl on short notice. Make it happen Mother Nature!
LMAO , love that Idea

It simply aint fair to southern or southwestern teams who are not use to those conditions. any team from a cold weather city would be alright with it but if you want a fair, balanced SB, the South is where its at. and it should only be between New Oleans, Miami, Houston,and LA.

It's fair during the rest of the playoffs though? The fair point doesn't seem like a quality reason NOT to do it. I do agree that for something as big as the SB, the entire state being under a foot of snow will probably put a damper on, but there's plenty of places where business happens daily where it's like that for weeks and months. Perhaps not Buffalo or New Jersey, but how about KC? I'm sure it's quite cold, but not as often under snow...I think. Heck, I'm from So Cal, so what do I know. I will say that it puts some kind of unfair limits on those cities that they aren't "worthy" to host something as big as a Bowl. I mean, Chicago, Philly, Boston...all places that could both sustain a big event like that and benefit from hosting one. I think Tennessee has an outdoor stadium as well. Lots of options that aren't domes in warm weather cities

I, for one, being a fan of a North East out door team, am excited to finally see those teams get a representitive Super Bowl. I mean, there's plenty of teams that play in that kid of weather for a couple months already, and no one seems to complain about those. In fact, those cities have all had new stadiums built open BECAUSE they like the weather element.

This is not just one game, it is a huge one week production. Just ask the folks who got bonked by the ice in Dallas how much they enjoyed their expensive Superbowl experience, then x by 10,000.

Another example of the commissioner's making a decision and then considering the consequences. :jpshakehead:

If I remember right the last time NO had hosted the Super Bowl was after 911 when they had to shift the game back one week. While we did have a lot more notice of the switch it would not be the first time it had been moved.

E

Nope - even for cold teams its only brutal for maybe 1/8th to 1/4 th of the season
so even for them its not a good measure

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom