Yahoo: Meachem Is Player to Watch in 2008 (1 Viewer)

We dont know nothing about Meachem for all we know he can be a serious serious bust! I wish we would have gotten Steve Smith from USC last year. I hope we dont make another stupid pick

wish we had gotten dwayne bowe

I find it laughable how people can write Meachem off like that. We haven't even seen what he can do yet, but I guess that's enough for some people...

We dont know nothing about Meachem for all we know he can be a serious serious bust! I wish we would have gotten Steve Smith from USC last year. I hope we dont make another stupid pick

Why? Steve Smith had like 9 catches last year. Whats the difference? Neither are proven and Meachem is the better athlete.

OK, I musta been sleeping. :yawn:

When did Devery slip away in free agency? :shrug:

I thought we re-signed him a couple of weeks ago.

:gosaints:

We did, but shortly after signing it, he dropped it and it blew away.

Loomis then came to his senses and Devery is back on the market.

actually yes it was the reason he sat the entire season. they weighed the risk/reward and since he was already behind in training camp they allowed him to sit the season out rather then re injure his knee trying to learn the playbook and attempt to move up the depth chart.

That makes no sense. We are talking about an NFL player in a full NFL season, you can't afford to sit out a player for a season because they dont want him to get hurt trying to learn their plays.

That makes no sense. We are talking about an NFL player in a full NFL season, you can't afford to sit out a player for a season because they dont want him to get hurt trying to learn their plays.

Sean Payton makes his line up each with with 53 guys that he knows will contribute in some fashion on the field. He had to learn something in practice. They made a huge investment in this guy, so why rush him onto the field?

I seriously wish they would have at least put him on the field at some point in the year but I will hold hope that he was seriously just not ready to buckle his chin strap on sundays. He did look a little "shaken" up after getting popped in the preseason.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm excited to see the guy play, it's about time we got him on the field. What confounds me though is that Meach is consistently listed, on this board, as one of our "weapons." A lot of people have just deemed him our #2, and claim that he's a big part of our rock solid receiving corp. This blows my mind. The guy has done absolutely nothing to prove that he can cut it at this level. Dubious injuries aside, he couldn't crack a a lineup that included Lance Moore and Terrance Copper. Until he proves me wrong, my expectations are pretty low....

I don't watch the bench, when he does something , I will watch, but until then :mad: .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom