Yahoo: Meachem Is Player to Watch in 2008 (1 Viewer)

All The Way

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"New Orleans Saints: Robert Meachem, WR
The first-round pick lost all of last season to injury, but Devery Henderson’s departure in free agency should give Meachem a chance to fight for the No. 3 wide receiver spot immediately. Prior to his injury, Meachem’s best assets were speed and athleticism, and New Orleans could have used both last season."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...F?slug=cr-32towatch031308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Hmm.. Charles Robinson might need to check his facts. Devery resigned.

Not to mention Devery's skills are speed and athleticism. His shortcoming is hands. Let's hope Meach has hands.

Anyways, I'd love to see Meach break out.

I guess he had to pick SOMEBODY from the Saints. I'd have picked PT but Meach is a good call, Devery had an amazing year 2 after his red shirt season with the Saints maybe the same will happen with Meach he certainly had great talent.

Meachem should be fighting for the #2 spot. If he steps up, he could really help the offense.

I agree with this guy. Meachem is in a great situation in New Orleans and if he has a good offseason, he will have a chance to shine in our offensive system.

You can say what you want about Meachem, but this article got one thing right...all eyes will be on Meachem this year.

All I know is outsider writers always provide the most insightful theories based strictly on facts.

/doineedtodeclaremysarcasm

I guess he had to pick SOMEBODY from the Saints. I'd have picked PT but Meach is a good call, Devery had an amazing year 2 after his red shirt season with the Saints maybe the same will happen with Meach he certainly had great talent.

I agree...if he had done his homework, I think he would of seen Pierre as the player to watch, but with Meachem being a 1st round pick, I can see why he went the that route....I don't really understand why people are down on this guy like he blew out his knee and was lost for the season, I think the circumstances in which he was put in was a bigger reason for his not being thrust into the lineup, I mean WR don't get time on the bench to learn, they get put in the game...but with the dept we already had and the expectations put on the team, it seemed as though, Payton was in no rush to put the guy in, even when he became healthy....he didn't spend all last year rehabbing his knee, he spent it learning the play book at the 3 receiver positions (and rehabbing his knee) he's no bust, that was a Coaches decision not to play him.

I definitely see him contributing this year. My main concern is his health. Also, he's a notoriously slow healer, meaning the slighest ankle tweak could be a big set back...

I agree with this guy. Meachem is in a great situation in New Orleans and if he has a good offseason, he will have a chance to shine in our offensive system.

i doubt it. he will be buried on the bench like last year

i doubt it. he will be buried on the bench like last year

Why do you doubt it? Do you have any reasoning at all or is it because he was hurt a year ago and didn't play?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom