Yahoo Sports Team Rankings (1 Viewer)

StChadwick

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
12. New Orleans Saints (7-9) – It’s time for Reggie Bush to show he’s more than an over-hyped third-down back. And if that defense can get the most out of some good offseason additions (Jonathan Vilma, Dan Morgan, Bobby McCray and Randall Gay), that unit could be vastly improved.

Don't believe the hype - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited:
"A quarter billion in potential contract dollars hasn’t bought the Oakland Raiders respect."

Sensationalize much? If the potential is only a quarter then it's a bit of a leap to put that dollar amount in context of a billion.

As for 12th ranking...I can't really argue except to point out the continued Yahoo hatred of Reggie Bush.

I like the write-up on Tamba Bay:

-------------------------------------------

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-7) – A lot of money was spent in the offseason on a lot of aging veterans who appear to be on the downside of their careers. But does anyone really expect guys like Warrick Dunn, Marques Douglas and Jeff Faine to turn this into an NFC powerhouse?

Could be, being the key words.

But..... I believe
:D :sbob: :yippee:

I dont know if Yahoo is being considerate of the rankings, but it seems fair where they rate us. Hopefully if we get a strong draft in April, we most likely slide to top 10. :D

:beerchug: Heres's to RB exploding this year and proving all critics wrong

Green Bay has quite a bit to prove going into this season. Favre single-handedly won 2-3 games for them last year (Denver and KC for sure). The defense is young and pretty good, but it's not good enough to carry the team if Rogers struggles.

I think Seattle is on the decline. The defense is solid, but they lack weapons on offense aside from MH and WJ.

Of course it's not too hard to find chinks in the Saints armor either. I just don't enjoy nitpicking the Saints as much as I do other teams.

We were the highest rated NFC South team on the list. Tampa isn't getting much respect after winning the division last year. Interesting.

Carolina is a better team than they were last year, but they have to stay healthy and they haven't done that in two years.

Until the Saints actually knock off Tampa they shouldn't be ranked ahead of them. Tampa played alright on both sides of the ball last year. The Saints O was up and down all year and the Defense was just plain bad.....Until we see a healthy J. Vilma, the DL putting pressure on the opposing QB, some decent D draft picks, MM back in the lineup, and J. David/Josh Bullocks as backups then they should be ahead of Tampa but not until......

We were the highest rated NFC South team on the list. Tampa isn't getting much respect after winning the division last year. Interesting.

The same team has never won the NFC south in back to back years, so expect most of the "experts" to predict the Saints or the Panthers to win it this year.

Until the Saints actually knock off Tampa they shouldn't be ranked ahead of them. Tampa played alright on both sides of the ball last year. The Saints O was up and down all year and the Defense was just plain bad.....Until we see a healthy J. Vilma, the DL putting pressure on the opposing QB, some decent D draft picks, MM back in the lineup, and J. David/Josh Bullocks as backups then they should be ahead of Tampa but not until......

TB didn't win that second game last year. We lost it. Unfortunately, W-L records don't make that distinction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom