Yahoo's note on Tim Hightower. Lol (1 Viewer)

Why we never tried some fullback plays with Kuhn when Payton has shown a propensity in the past to use it (Karney!), I don't know. But we won so I'm good!
He's used the quick hitter to Kuhn a couple of times successfully this season on short yardage. I was screaming for it in those goal line situations. Don't know why he didn't pull it out of his hat at least once down there.

The curse of the Saints fan: to alwaya blindly believe the backup running back is better than the starter.

Well, the backup DID just have a 100-yard game, something the starter hasn't had since last season and then only once. That's results-based rather than just wishful thinking, tho we'll see if it can be sustained.

Hes not wrong... Hightower played fine for a backup but he certainly wasn't good. He got what was blocked but lacks Ingrams ability in the passing game. I don't disagree with SP decision because I think Ingram has looked a little lackadaisical not showing the same passion he has shown when at his best. We won and he was a big part of the win but I truly think Ingram or Lasco would have done similarly with that number of carried. This is nothing more than backup hype.

Are you saying the Seahawks are easy to run on? Because I think they have been very strong against the run this year.

I'll say it for the umpteenth time this year, don't sleep on Hightower.

He's used the quick hitter to Kuhn a couple of times successfully this season on short yardage. I was screaming for it in those goal line situations. Don't know why he didn't pull it out of his hat at least once down there.

He was definitely doing self scouting in his presser on goal line plays. Live and learn.

No running back could have made those plays on the goal line. The defensive tackles were in the backfield

did this yahoo even watch those goaline carries. the blocking was blownup on just about every one of them and they want to blame the rb, seriously. What people are forgetting is that this was a hightower with fresh legs,they still work well as long as they are given a pitch count. Ingram is going to have to put these fumbles behind him cause we can't give hightower this kind of workload every week.

from a fantasy stand point leaving two goal line TDs on the board is huge lol. I dont even own him but the fact he had so many attempts to get in really got me heated, luckily we won

Its been true since Payton has been here and has really been obvious with ingram.

Imagine a backfield with Ivory, Robinson, and Sproles.:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Yeah, unfortunately it would soon be a backfield with Ivory, Robinson, Sproles and McCown.

Terrible write up. Obviously just looked at a stat sheet before writing. Watching the game he was none of those things.

I can see how from a fantasy perspective he would be an annoyance, taking away carries from a proven RB1 who at least gets 10+ touches every week guaranteed.

From a real football perspective, he gave our running game something that Ingram doesn't: the ability to run behind blocks and use his movement efficiently. He's not a whole lot different than Bell was in 2009; nothing special in terms of speed and skill, but a reliable straight-ahead runner who can keep the offense on schedule - and the defense honest.

Unfortunately, Ingram has not bloomed into his Pierre-type role to complement him as a more complete back. I think Lasco sees an increased role in the coming weeks as that complementary back. He had a couple great plays in pass protect today.

which is more important than some fantasy numbers.

That sweep for 28 yards was Awesome by Mr. Hightower!!!

I don't care about FF at all, never really have. FF has really started affecting the way people look at the game especially when money is on the line. I played one season of FF and it totally skews the way you watch the game. I just watch the Saints and the supposed good games of the week. I don't have time or interested in every single teams players and statistics. I just want the Saints to win, that's all.

that is why I don't play fantasy football. It is hard for me to cheer for another player on a different team. Sure I have some players I like on other teams but I don't cheer for them.

Remember that time we cheered when Deuce was finally benched?

I hope you are being facetious. because I never cheer for Deuce to be benched. at all.

did this yahoo even watch those goaline carries. the blocking was blownup on just about every one of them and they want to blame the rb, seriously. What people are forgetting is that this was a hightower with fresh legs,they still work well as long as they are given a pitch count. Ingram is going to have to put these fumbles behind him cause we can't give hightower this kind of workload every week.

I don't want to have to depend on Hightower to run like that for every game. He might could do it but we have to run him more and I am glad Coach sees it that way now. They both have a place on this team. But I think Hightower is a stronger more forceful runner.

Yeah, unfortunately it would soon be a backfield with Ivory, Robinson, Sproles and McCown.

Lol the un validated pass protect argument...

1. Never was tbe case.

2. If it was the case, at their worst level of pass protect proficiency, they still rip off huge runs NULLIFYING the need for it, and keeping brees fresh.

3. Knock it off. Everyone knows the arguement was a weak attempt based off an assumption used to justify keeping Ingram out there lol. The jig is up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom