Yahoo's note on Tim Hightower. Lol (1 Viewer)

Its been true since Payton has been here and has really been obvious with ingram.

Imagine a backfield with Ivory, Robinson, and Sproles.:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Sounds great but Ivory just learned how to pass protect in the past couple of seasons and has had trouble staying health-- more so than Ingram. Robinson was also having trouble pass protecting when with the Saints.

Yes, it would be nice to have Sproles.

That blurb probably is more for fantasy football.

We watched Hightower make plays when he had to, including two huge big runs late that were absolutely crucial.

But the FF nerds see 3.9YPC and that's not gonna get them the points they want.

I don't listen to anything Yahoo fantasy "experts" say. They gave me a C+ on my draft (when it was my best draft in years) and predicted I would go 0-13. Going into this week's games I am #1 in our league. The two teams that Yahoo gave A+ ratings to (and predicted would go 13-0)...are both currently at the bottom of our league). I constantly go against their advice when I set my lineup each week.

This is why I hate FF.
What I saw was my team's starting running back fumble twice in two weeks.
What I saw was his backup run hard for over 100 yards against a team that doesn't allow 100 yard rushers.
What I saw was my team beat a team that had beaten us in heartbreaking fashion 3 times since 2011.

Today I am happy.

Screw the fantasy nerd numbers.

That's all I got.

That blurb probably is more for fantasy football.

We watched Hightower make plays when he had to, including two huge big runs late that were absolutely crucial.

That sweep for 28 yards was Awesome by Mr. Hightower!!!

I don't care about FF at all, never really have. FF has really started affecting the way people look at the game especially when money is on the line. I played one season of FF and it totally skews the way you watch the game. I just watch the Saints and the supposed good games of the week. I don't have time or interested in every single teams players and statistics. I just want the Saints to win, that's all.

I actually like Fantasy Football for one reason - it forces me to learn some of the other teams' players. Well... The offense, anyway.

I always found the kicker position to be funny though. You don't want the kicker from a team that scores predominantly touchdowns, rather you want one from a team that routinely stalls in the red zone.

Whoever wrote that must have started Ingram in fantasy.

Except anyone that has Ingram on their team knows he wouldn't have done any better in those goal line situations. I have him and I have long since given up on multi-touchdown days. It's a combination of things, but Ingram gets those looks too almost every game and doesn't score. Kuhn and the others are far more likely to get the score than our tailbacks.

Actually it's the touchdowns for Fantasy football. That's why they harped on him getting stuffed at the goal line. They could care less if he carries 100 times for 100 yards if it comes with 2 touchdowns he's great!

Whoever wrote that obviously only saw highlights of our run game getting stuffed at the goal line. To lay that on Hightower is amusing. Our O line got destroyed on those plays. Compare that to the tough running Hightower was doing between the 20s, and his value comes out. In fact, I think he had the longest run from scrimmage we've had all year, and almost all of the other touches in the run game have been Ingram's. That right there shows what a difference it makes to have someone who can run with vision and enough speed to get to the edge. The fumbles led to Ingram being benched, but he should have been benched long before that just for repeatedly running up the back of his linemen and missing the cutback lanes.

I will never bash any Saints players. But does anyone think that Ingram would have had over 100 yards yesterday? I feel he would have ended up with around 70 or 80.

Would have been nice for that to have worked and I'd like to have not seen that same try over and over again; but he kept us in the game and gave us a run game! Why we never tried some fullback plays with Kuhn when Payton has shown a propensity in the past to use it (Karney!), I don't know. But we won so I'm good!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom