Yahoo's note on Tim Hightower. Lol (1 Viewer)

SaintsNY

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
he did get stuffed on the goalline but did a good enough job moving the chain. Ingram also deserved to be benched.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161031-001026.jpg
    Screenshot_20161031-001026.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 126
I think he did pretty good against the number one defense that didn't give up a 100 yard rusher for quite some time. I don't really pay too much attention to a fantasy football retort.

Hes not wrong... Hightower played fine for a backup but he certainly wasn't good. He got what was blocked but lacks Ingrams ability in the passing game. I don't disagree with SP decision because I think Ingram has looked a little lackadaisical not showing the same passion he has shown when at his best. We won and he was a big part of the win but I truly think Ingram or Lasco would have done similarly with that number of carried. This is nothing more than backup hype.

Hes not wrong... Hightower played fine for a backup but he certainly wasn't good. He got what was blocked but lacks Ingrams ability in the passing game. I don't disagree with SP decision because I think Ingram has looked a little lackadaisical not showing the same passion he has shown when at his best. We won and he was a big part of the win but I truly think Ingram or Lasco would have done similarly with that number of carried. This is nothing more than backup hype.

little bit more than backup hype. they have won both games that he rushed for 100 yards. He runs harder than Ingram and seems like he is more elusive.

just seems to be a speed difference when Hightower came on, seemed to have a lot more burst on his carries. Hits the holes given. Ingram seems to be a bit slower getting back to the LOS once he has the ball and wants to be more shifty.

Ingram is the slowest back we have, and half blind as well. It's funny how Hightower manages to find the holes, but it's ALWAYS our line's fault when Ingram is running into the backs of our linemen.

The curse of the Saints fan: to alwaya blindly believe the backup running back is better than the starter.

I can see how from a fantasy perspective he would be an annoyance, taking away carries from a proven RB1 who at least gets 10+ touches every week guaranteed.

From a real football perspective, he gave our running game something that Ingram doesn't: the ability to run behind blocks and use his movement efficiently. He's not a whole lot different than Bell was in 2009; nothing special in terms of speed and skill, but a reliable straight-ahead runner who can keep the offense on schedule - and the defense honest.

Unfortunately, Ingram has not bloomed into his Pierre-type role to complement him as a more complete back. I think Lasco sees an increased role in the coming weeks as that complementary back. He had a couple great plays in pass protect today.

The curse of the Saints fan: to alwaya blindly believe the backup running back is better than the starter.
Its been true since Payton has been here and has really been obvious with ingram.

Imagine a backfield with Ivory, Robinson, and Sproles.:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom