Yeah, Brees' arm is showing signs of aging (1 Viewer)

There's a reason why he said he thinks he can play until he's 45. There are NO SIGNS of him slowing down but yet, some on here want to trade him and rebuild now...as if there's a guy out there just as good or better. Please stop it.

I do some of the workouts Drew does, I'm 38 and I feel mid 20's I can only imagine what he feels like.

He'll be playing for awhile and I won't put it past him to play til he's 45.

No!! His arm is a noodle!!! a NOODLE I tell ya. I read it on this very website!! And everyone on this website is right!

Sometimes I take for granted that he is without question one of the top 5 QBs to ever play (along with Marino, Brady, Manning and Favre) and we get to watch him in black and gold every Sunday.

He's 37 and he plays like he's 24 and fighting for his job.

That shot of him bloodied after the Hill TD was as good as it gets.

Any top 5 that doesn't have Montana is not a credible top 5.

Brees' arm has seemingly gotten stronger the past few years. Could be his training regimen.

There's a reason why he said he thinks he can play until he's 45. There are NO SIGNS of him slowing down but yet, some on here want to trade him and rebuild now...as if there's a guy out there just as good or better. Please stop it.

I do some of the workouts Drew does, I'm 38 and I feel mid 20's I can only imagine what he feels like.

He'll be playing for awhile and I won't put it past him to play til he's 45.

45? I think is not doable...but at this rate I think he could still play at 40....if he can stay healthy. I will say this I would take Brees over Peyton Manning, Marino and Farve, especially in the big game....

I never hear talk about Brady being too old, but he's 2 years older than Brees.

Brees and Brady are 2 guys I can see shattering the norm for a QB declining. They both seem to still have the arm to get it done along with the competitive fire to win that will never go away. When I watch Brees and Brady play I just don't see anything in their game pointing to a decline with in the next year or 2. It's not so much QBs declining because of arm strength but more having their bodies break down. Brees doesn't take many hits and if he can avoid the little lingering injuries then he can play close to 45. The amazing this is near all of the skill players we have will be entering their prime in the last few years of Brees career. This with what should be an improving OLine over the next couple years will be huge for him. Not many aging QBs have a scenario set up like we should have for Brees. We have a very special player that most of the time we all take for granted and probably won't fully appreciate what we have until it is gone.

I think he's there because of the SBs and wouldn't be without them.

But from a pure, on the field passing standpoint, I don't think he's top 5.

Well there's 3 QBs in the "top 5" discussion that have lots of championships.

Montana, Bradshaw and Aikman.

While they are each phenomenal, obviously, they each had unbelievably strong teams, much stronger than the competition at the time.

I'm not doubting that they each were great, but I don't think they are better QBs than the top 5 I've listed.

Brees, Brady, Manning, Favre, Marino.

Aikman: The Cowboys defense, running game, and OL were legendary, and he managed the game perfectly. He was a great QB provided all of the other pieces were in place, which they were.

It's really hard to say who's better than who, but championships isn't the only way to decide it.

The fact that Brees has a terrible defenses shouldn't take away from what an incredible QB he has been....same with Marino.

If you sub a Brees or Marino as QB for those 49er teams, they ALSO win championships.

Sub Montana on those Dolphins or Saints teams, and I don't think he fares as well as Brees or Marino.

i aint gonna lie....when i see him throw in slo mo....gotta lil flab under that bicep area. Lil turkey neck action there.

jussayin. those muscles and skin aint as tight as 10 years ago.

:ezbill:

Well there's 3 QBs in the "top 5" discussion that have lots of championships.

Montana, Bradshaw and Aikman.

While they are each phenomenal, obviously, they each had unbelievably strong teams, much stronger than the competition at the time.

I'm not doubting that they each were great, but I don't think they are better QBs than the top 5 I've listed.

Brees, Brady, Manning, Favre, Marino.

Aikman: The Cowboys defense, running game, and OL were legendary, and he managed the game perfectly. He was a great QB provided all of the other pieces were in place, which they were.

It's really hard to say who's better than who, but championships isn't the only way to decide it.

The fact that Brees has a terrible defenses shouldn't take away from what an incredible QB he has been....same with Marino.

If you sub a Brees or Marino as QB for those 49er teams, they ALSO win championships.

Sub Montana on those Dolphins or Saints teams, and I don't think he fares as well as Brees or Marino.

Yea I definitely agree with those 3 HOF QBs. They are no doubt elite having their own cases as the best QBs in NFL history. Just hard to put even Montana is the top 5 with the QBs we have seen more recent. Perfect example is Brees who we all know would have multiple SBs or at least multiple appearances with just a good defense. You definitely have to factor in SBs and winning ability but having multiple SBs doesn't but the the deciding factor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom