Yeah, this team is great. (1 Viewer)

TheDeuce53

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Twice we were down by 14 points, and both times within a quarter we were able to effectively come back from that deficit, (i know the second time we didnt quite finish it, but without we were still in position to tie this game up)

the steelers are a tough team, way tougher than their schedule - our biggest problem right now is a non-turnover producing defense.. but our offense is turning into what we all hoped it would be before the season... too many weapons to cover

considering we were supposed to be rebuilding this year, the fact we're still leading the NFC south is great.

The way I see it, we still need a good CB, a good MLB, and a decent WR to complement an aging Horn and Colston. That's how we improve for next year.

As far as this year, the only thing we can control to make us a better team is turnovers. Create more turnovers on defense, turn it over less on offense. Turnovers lost us this game, and kept us from making any kind of advance against Baltimore. The "rebuilding" changes I noted for next year should help that a lot.

So if we can bolster our defense with some turnover-creating players, we should roll over everybody next year... Because with Brees, we are NEVER out of the game. Even in Baltimore, down by 3 scores, we were driving down the field, and it felt like we might actually have a chance.

Brees was really all we needed to turn this team around, now lets get him the players to keep this team headed in the right direction.

>>The way I see it, we still need a good CB, a good MLB, and a decent WR to complement an aging Horn and Colston. That's how we improve for next year.

We've got the decent wide receiver, Devery Henderson. All he does is catch touchdowns. :shrug: But for whatever reason, Haslett nor Payton uses him much. I bow to them and their expertise, though it's very apparent that when he gets the ball, good things happen.

I'd second your call for a good CB and MLB and would like to add in a receiving threat Tight End. We'll probably look for some value on the D-line because I don't know about you, but when Hollis Thomas went down, I was looking at a different second half of the season. Fortunately, he got back up and came back into the lineup. But while he was face down and in obvious pain, I was thinking, "OH NO!!!!!! We really need him healthy.

TPS

we need Corner's (plural) we need to draft like 3 corners (not consecutively) were to old at the cornerback position and only McKenzie has any kinda ball skills (though he still has no picks). Linebacker I think were cool at with Shanle and Fujita but we do need to bring more talent in there specially at Middle but they all work well together, but Simoneau doesnt make plays in the backfield he still waits for it to come to him and to me Finding that kinda Middle backer is as hard as finding that "Franchise" Quarterback.

>> but when Hollis Thomas went down, I was looking at a different second half of the season. Fortunately, he got back up and came back into the lineup. But while he was face down and in obvious pain, I was thinking, "OH NO!!!!!! We really need him healthy.

TPS

yeh bro, that hurt my feelins when i saw him go down.

I'm don't know what will happen the rest of this season, but no matter what happens I think next year will be the year we become a true championship contender. Right now we have a great offense but we have holes to fill on defense. Offensively we need another go to receiver to play opposite Colston. Defensively we need help at corner and although our linebackers are serviceable right now there still can be improvements made at the position. If we could fill those positions either through the draft or in free agency this offseason, there's no doubt in my mind that we will be a Super Bowl caliber team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom