Year-To-Date Reception Leaders (1 Viewer)

Randy S

No Jacket Required
Reaction score
How 'bout Mark Ingram catching everything thrown his way! Thomas, Snead, and Cooks making some yardage out of their opportunities. Fleener needs some stickum!

PFR LINK

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 32
Whats crazy is if Diggs doesn't go off like he did in Minnys last game (182 yards), Snead would still be #1 in yards.

True, but isn't that like saying if Snead didn't go off in Week 1 (172 yards), XXX would be #YYY in yards. :shrug:

This may sound ridiculous to some but if the game is on the line and we need 5, 6 yards to keep the chains moving, I'm looking exclusively in Michael Thomas direction. I see nothing but confidence in routes & pass catching.

He continues to make the difficult catch appear routine.

True, but isn't that like saying if Snead didn't go off in Week 1 (172 yards), XXX would be #YYY in yards. :shrug:

True.

I wonder if either of them can maintain for the entire season.

And what happened to Minny WR Cordarrelle Patterson? One day he is on every tv, and being touted as the next big thing, the next day he is lucky to see the field.

True.

And what happened to Minny WR Cordarrelle Patterson? One day he is on every tv, and being touted as the next big thing, the next day he is lucky to see the field.

Patterson happened to Patterson. Seems like his only highlights as of late have been in the return game, IIRC, but admittedly I don't follow them closely.

Patterson seems to be their version of Brandon Coleman. At least ours was an UDFA while theirs is a first round pick.

funny thing is Fleener only dropped one pass his rookie year on 53 catchable balls, so he can do it, he just has his head up his skirt

https://www.profootballfocus.com/sig-stats-drop-rate-tes/

"In second spot sophomore Colt Coby Fleener tried to lessen the loss of every-down wrecking ball Dwayne Allen with some silky work as a receiver. He dropped just the one pass in the regular season, in what was something of a breakout year for him after a disappointing rookie season. By virtue of catching more balls he just finished above Zach Miller, John Carlson and Kyle Rudolph who also only dropped one pass."

How 'bout Mark Ingram catching everything thrown his way!

Last year Ingram caught the ball so well (50 receptions for 405 yards) I wondered what would happen when Spiller returned. Now that Spiller is gone I don't understand why they force it to Cadet. Ingram may not be a speedster but he's shown the ability to be effective in the screen game and he's sure handed.

True.

I think the short answer is no, neither of them can keep it up. You'd be talking about guys going for essentially 1800-2000 yards. I'm not saying they can't and won't be 1300 yard guys, but I try not to read much into stats after two weeks.

I think both will "keep it up," but that doesn't mean I think they'll keep the stats going. Extrapolating from 1/8th of a season isn't a very good bet, for both good and bad performances. Obviously some will hold true statistically, but in general everyone will regress to the mean. Of course not everyone has the same mean.

Those Cadet wheel routes and outs are awesome aren't they?? :rant:
I am done with the RBBC approach. This team right now does not have the backs to do it effectively. Keep Ingram in the game and let Hightower spell him when he needs a breather. Keep Cadet returning kicks and that is it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom