Yellow Vest riots in Fance

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I respect anybody who busts their butt regardless of what their job title is and she does a great job for me
But you seem to want people to be just gifted something and completely disregard the training and sacrifices people make to achieve their goals and that is just as ridiculous and insulting as someone looking down on people because of how much they earn or what job they have
is that what i want or are you projecting?

Dago

Veteran
Ratings
is that what i want or are you projecting?
ahhh.....you are one of those types of people
you are the one who stated that a CEO's pay should be capped at 30% over the lowest paid employee. I am going off what you said and now that you find that defending that position just makes you sound even more ludicrous you are trying to deflect and move the goalposts

Ratings
school conferences
home with the kids
whatcha gonna do?
but i appreciate your contribution
It's all the time. Not just school conferences and home with the kids. Oooh, when a political thread sneaks through to the EE and you get to spread your wokeitude on all sorts of normals, that's your jam, huh. Only thing better is when it happens on SSF, like maybe a Kaepernick thread or something. Then you can really show a bunch of people a thing or two.

You're the hero SR deserves, aren't you.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Ratings
It's all the time. Not just school conferences and home with the kids. Oooh, when a political thread sneaks through to the EE and you get to spread your wokeitude on all sorts of normals, that's your jam, huh. Only thing better is when it happens on SSF, like maybe a Kaepernick thread or something. Then you can really show a bunch of people a thing or two.

You're the hero SR deserves, aren't you.
i'm a married man
but that's not to say i don't appreciate your flirting

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Ratings
ahhh.....you are one of those types of people
you are the one who stated that a CEO's pay should be capped at 30% over the lowest paid employee. I am going off what you said and now that you find that defending that position just makes you sound even more ludicrous you are trying to deflect and move the goalposts
let's go ahead and assume that "30 percent" was the result of an exhaustive financial study on my part
you have not offered any reason that it's a problematic percentage
or why tethering upper & lower wages is problematic
or why you're more than 30 percent better than the cleaning woman

in fact all you've really done is offer 3 bad guesses as to the type of person i am (btw Mongoose is much closer)

N.O.Bronco

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
This is the type of rhetoric that helps us all understand your expertise in evaluating and operating a business.

I have no idea what you are even talking about the bounties markets producing? What does that even mean. What exactly are you referring to? Is here a business/business that you would like to review their quarterly releases and how their CEOs are paid?
If you need further clarification just ask, the passive aggressive insults aren't really necessary.

bounty: something given or occurring in generous amounts.

In simpler terms, it just means the outcomes markets have produced. In this case both of us(?) have conceded markets do not magically behave with any sort of societal utilitarianism innately baked in. The cleavage at this point seems to be you are advocating that the current constraints and redistribution levels toward those outcomes is ideal, others are vehemently disagreeing. Seeking from you to both make your alternative argument and substantiating it and addressing the points others have made.

Last edited:

Dago

Veteran
Ratings
let's go ahead and assume that "30 percent" was the result of an exhaustive financial study on my part

in fact all you've really done is offer 3 bad guesses as to the type of person i am (btw Mongoose is much closer)
so now the narrative has shifted to you claiming that you really didn't mean it

and my guesses seem to be spot on because every time you post you confirm it. this time it is the whole "or why you're more than 30 percent better than the cleaning woman" thing

Let me just express my sincere appreciation for you going out of your way to prove me right so quickly and definitively

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Ratings
I don't know how Coach Sam didn't beat the heretic out of you.

View attachment 107360
he tried
unfortunately in my last match jr year i ripped up tendons in my hand pretty good happened at thee beginning of the 2nd rd fortunately it was against Rummel so i was able to point the kid, i just couldn't get him pinned
sr year came and musical audition was for Barnum and since i could do gymnastics and juggle (and since there were lots more girls in the plays) i decided to turn on one pair of tights for another
and thus 4 years of Coach Sam guidance were drowned out by the hedonism that is the performing arts

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Ratings
so now the narrative has shifted to you claiming that you really didn't mean it

and my guesses seem to be spot on because every time you post you confirm it. this time it is the whole "or why you're more than 30 percent better than the cleaning woman" thing

Let me just express my sincere appreciation for you going out of your way to prove me right so quickly and definitively
So we’ve established that you are not a CEO of a rhetoric company, nor is your job guessing who people are by what they write

Perhaps you took 30% as a proposal vs an idea
The fact remains you’ve done nothing to argue against it or offer any reasons why it’s problematic
(In at least 6 posts where you had every opportunity to do so)
alas

UncleTrvlingJim

Administrator
Administrator
Super Moderator
VIP Contributor
Ratings
When you get to the upper echelons of executive pay for large companies, it's no longer what I think of as a rational market. For example, with the company I work for, I hire developers, sysadmins, tech writers, testers, and so on. With each of those positions, I can immediately evaluate the decisions they make, compare them to their peers, and weigh their salary against the functions they're performing and the broader market. I can easily judge if someone is overpaid for their work, and there is a reasonable amount of competition for the jobs I'm offering. It's fairly easy to come up with a fair market value for one of these positions.

The further up the management chain you go, the harder it is to directly assess the impact a person has on the overall bottom line. Many decisions don't return immediate results. Furthermore, it's been my experience that picking people for executive management positions is not nearly as openly competitive. It often relies on networking and soft, un-quantifiable criteria. When you get to compensation it gets less objective, IMO.

Is a great CEO worth $100 per year for a really large company? Maybe, they do make decisions that could make or lose that company much more than that. However, it's impossible to actually test this. Further, we never get the same sort of competitive market of labor in that stratosphere that drives wages down. So, take Hock Tan, the CEO of Broadcom. He made a little over $100 million last year. Do you think the board of directors looked around to see if they could find someone equally smart who would take $90 million instead? And then maybe someone who would take $80 million, and so on... there are a lot of really talented executives out there, but in my experience there is never the sort of open competition over jobs, with the same sort of rigorous scoring that comes with the more mundane jobs. It's an irrational market.

Ambush

Pro-Bowler
Ratings

I love you and all, but come on. The 30% thing was a ridiculous statement that you made. I’m sure if you rethink it, you would change your narrative.

Ambush

Pro-Bowler
Ratings
If you need further clarification just ask, the passive aggressive insults aren't really necessary.

bounty: something given or occurring in generous amounts.

In simpler terms, it just means the outcomes markets have produced. In this case both of us(?) have conceded markets do not magically behave with any sort of societal utilitarianism innately baked in. The cleavage at this point seems to be you are advocating that the current constraints and redistribution levels toward those outcomes is ideal, others are vehemently disagreeing. Seeking from you to both make your alternative argument and substantiating it and addressing the points others have made.
This my friend is why you are the most humor I get on the internet.

You got me, I said exactly what you said and I concede your brilliant points even through they make zero sense.

Maybe I have missed it, but what is it again that you do for a living? I want to start a google search conversation with you.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

We Support

Visit Team Gleason

Top Bottom