Article Yes, he's 2-0, but the Saints will need more from Teddy Bridgewater (1 Viewer)

Teddy played pretty well considering our OL kept putting him in a terrible position. Even Drew is going to struggle when we are always in 1st and 20 or 2nd and 15 because of a holding penalty or an unblocked rusher.

That said, Teddy needs to pick up the tempo. Our offense and OL is obviously tuned to the 'Brees frequency' which is somewhere up there where only dogs can hear it. Teddy's frequency is a lot slower. He's never going to be Drew in terms of moving in and out of the huddle and quick reads, but he needs to accelerate some. Hopefully that comes with more game time with the 1st team.
I honestly think that the real issue is, the wide receiver on the right side is not getting it done..and now that LJH has been activated, I am hoping that he will become an active part of the offense, and begin catching say 4 passes a game on the right side...and if he does, I suggest that the entire offense will open up...taking heat off of Can't Guard Mike, and off
Jared Cook...and even making it easier for Kamara....lets see what happens going forward...

Don't lose faith in Teddy - he has talent, and a desire to win.
That’s not at all Triplett’s point. His point is that a lack of offensive production will end up losing games, so while Teddy has done a pretty good job in difficult circumstances, he now needs to elevate his game. Pretty good is not enough. I will add that the same goes for the O line. They must play better.

That’s not at all Triplett’s point. His point is that a lack of offensive production will end up losing games, so while Teddy has done a pretty good job in difficult circumstances, he now needs to elevate his game. Pretty good is not enough. I will add that the same goes for the O line. They must play better.

I'm not saying that TB doesn't need to do better, but I do agree with others that he does need to continue to protect the football. The reason the Rams lost to the Bucs is largely because of Goff's 4 turnovers.

That said, who's to say the defense and special teams doesn't continue playing lights out? If they continue to do so, then TB can continue to play safe, situational football until we need him when we fall behind in a game. I'm OK with this.

We'll see if he can carry the team to some degree when there are games that call for it, then we can decide whether what he's doing turns out to be enough.

Saints beat the Cowboys and Seahawks. I'm stoked and didn't expect to be 3-1 after losing Brees early in the Rams game.

Who dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom