YES - Spelling Bee on ESPN - in HD! (1 Viewer)

whiteshadowen

Millsaps TC forever
Reaction score
I admire these kids. I couldn't spell a lot of these words. But does anyone else find it a little weird that ESPN High Def station is carrying a spelling bee? As a father of 4 I know all about parental pride and all but a spelling bee...on ESPN...in HD? Seems like a violation of the truth in advertising act. For my hard earned subscription fees for ESPN and HD I should be seeing a replay of Saints game.

Actually....I find myself interested in it. You can tell immediately when they get a word they don't recognize. You first see panic...and then you see the wheels start turning as they ask for clues. Pretty cool actually...egads!

Last edited:
Why is it that everytime someone spends any amount of money that is somewhat disagreeable to them that their money turns into "hard-earned money".

Do people spend their "hard-earned money" on beer or food?

What if you have a cushy-office job where you can go to this site during office hours? Is your money really "hard-earned"?

Remember last year when that foreign kid won it and was then asked to sum up his feelings in one word? His answer:

"ecstaticness".

The dude's a walking dictionary and he uses some Jesse-Jackson-like-made-up word...It still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Actually I think its "Filipino." (edit- duh, you were making a joke- my bad)

I heard the finals were on ABC. Pretty cool.

Did anyone see the movie Spellbound? Intense!

So the acne is as real as it gets? I think I'll pass.

I think it would be good if there were more competitions aired on a major network (can start with ESPN 2 to see how it is viewed). I'm not sure which competitions are out there, but there have to be some national Math, Science, or Geography competitions.

I think they should combine the spelling bee and cage match. Whoever makes it out of the cage match gets to spell the word.

Why is it that everytime someone spends any amount of money that is somewhat disagreeable to them that their money turns into "hard-earned money".

What if you have a cushy-office job where you can go to this site during office hours? Is your money really "hard-earned"?

Agreed.

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom