Yes, the Saints have struggled, but... (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WOW!, we are 3-1 in one of the strangest NFL seasons I can remember!

Let's face it, NO ONE is going to run away from the pack this year!

Just look how topsy-turvy this season has been already. Who knows how a team will perform from one week to the next. It sure looks likes there are chinks in every NFL team's armor in one area or another.

Sure the Saints have not looked invincible so far, but do the Colts look any better? I bet there aren't too many Pittsburgh fans who are booking trips to Dallas just yet. Even teams that may look great one week can look like a preseason team the next week. (See Seattle, New England, San Diego, etc.)
At least it's obvious that we've been decimated by injuries early this year and that it is having a profound affect on the quality of our onfield performances.

Do we really think that the Bears and the Chiefs are the best teams in the two conferences this year??? :scratch:

I say that the Saints are winning where it counts... on the scoreboard. Save for one missed chip shot field goal we are as good as the league has to offer in 2010! And we have yet to play our best football.

I can't wait until we get some of our experienced players back from injury with fresh legs and the type of leadership that makes a difference from week to week.

Bring on the Cardinals! We are still part of this league's elite and there's little doubt that we are only going to get better as this season progresses!

Who Dat Baby! :9:

Yep. When you can play 'so so' football and be 3-1......that's VERY good.

This team *knows* how to win.

I've noticed that too. Save the Packers and possibly the Jets (both debatable), no team has been consistently dominant through the first quarter of the NFL season.

while I agree that winning is what really matters, here's the devil's advocate: we've played 1 team with a winning record and we lost to them.

But at least they're not LSU. They make you believe in KC and Chicago as legit undefeated teams.

It's going to be awesome when the Saints are healthier and playing their best when the schedule is toughest. I'd be worried if we looked like September champions. We are doing exactly what we need to be doing right now. Division games are brutal, just ask the Colts.

It's going to be awesome when the Saints are healthier and playing their best when the schedule is toughest. I'd be worried if we looked like September champions. We are doing exactly what we need to be doing right now. Division games are brutal, just ask the Colts.

I was thinking these same things. There's little doubt that our struggles are in part due to our injury situation. Of course many of our healthy starters still haven't stepped up their game yet either. (Even Drew is not playing as well as last year. I think he'd tell you that himself.)

But if we can get through these next few games while our roster gets healthy, I think we'll be where we need to be going down the stretch.

:D

I've noticed that too. Save the Packers and possibly the Jets (both debatable), no team has been consistently dominant through the first quarter of the NFL season.

Even the Packers tho. They have a nice passing game, but Grant going down really hurt them.

Even the Packers tho. They have a nice passing game, but Grant going down really hurt them. And they're defense is kinda similar to us, bend but dont break.

yeah, i was looking at scoring totals yesterday (not researchnig just looking) and points seem WAY down across the board

we've also gone against some pretty good D fronts

but we're 3-1 bringing our C+ game - i'm getting the feeling that the team is pacing itself emotionally and approaching the games muc more "business-like" - maybe coach realizes that if they tried to match last year's emotional intensity they'd be gassed by the end -- or i could be reasching??

yeah, i was looking at scoring totals yesterday (not researchnig just looking) and points seem WAY down across the board

we've also gone against some pretty good D fronts

but we're 3-1 bringing our C+ game - i'm getting the feeling that the team is pacing itself emotionally and approaching the games muc more "business-like" - maybe coach realizes that if they tried to match last year's emotional intensity they'd be gassed by the end -- or i could be reasching??

Now... if we can just get the fans to stop acting like we should be waxing our opponents and booing the team when we only win by a few.

:jpshakehead:

(maybe it's just all that gameday beer talking) :scratch:

WOW!, we are 3-1 in one of the strangest NFL seasons I can remember!

Let's face it, NO ONE is going to run away from the pack this year!

Just look how topsy-turvy this season has been already. Who knows how a team will perform from one week to the next. It sure looks likes there are chinks in every NFL team's armor in one area or another.

Sure the Saints have not looked invincible so far, but do the Colts look any better? I bet there aren't too many Pittsburgh fans who are booking trips to Dallas just yet. Even teams that may look great one week can look like a preseason team the next week. (See Seattle, New England, San Diego, etc.)
At least it's obvious that we've been decimated by injuries early this year and that it is having a profound affect on the quality of our onfield performances.

Do we really think that the Bears and the Chiefs are the best teams in the two conferences this year??? :scratch:

I say that the Saints are winning where it counts... on the scoreboard. Save for one missed chip shot field goal we are as good as the league has to offer in 2010! And we have yet to play our best football.

I can't wait until we get some of our experienced players back from injury with fresh legs and the type of leadership that makes a difference from week to week.

Bring on the Cardinals! We are still part of this league's elite and there's little doubt that we are only going to get better as this season progresses!

Who Dat Baby! :9:

I have been watching this team for eons and these games we have won so far this year were sure losers almost every other season in our history. We have not played anything close to our best game yet we sit at or near the top of the heap in the NFC once again. If not for a few untimely penalties, dropped passes and stupid turnovers we would be 4-0 and have scored a lot more points. What a fun team to watch!!!! They don't give up and they are ready to go no matter who they line up with. Let's stomp the Cards!

It is interesting to me that the Saints, Falcons, and Packers, three of the top NFC teams, only beat three 0-3 (now 0-4) NFC teams by 2 points each. And all three winners were at home. It just goes to show how tough of a fight this conference is in for. Nothing is guaranteed... and we are still right in the thick of things.

It is interesting to me that the Saints, Falcons, and Packers, three of the top NFC teams, only beat three 0-3 (now 0-4) NFC teams by 2 points each. And all three winners were at home. It just goes to show how tough of a fight this conference is in for. Nothing is guaranteed... and we are still right in the thick of things.

Thanks for noting that. :9:

I'm sure those other fans thought that their teams should have rolled all over those winless teams too.

Sometimes we need to remember to smile after a victory no matter who it was that we were playing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom