Yet another accomplishment that will make '09 memorable (1 Viewer)

Purple Haze

Taste it. You'll love it.
Reaction score
The Saints haven't won coming off of a Bye week since 2003. :etonnement-29:

Time to break the cycle and become REAL contenders in everyone's minds boys! The Lions, Eagles and Bills were warm ups... the Jets a real stepping stone... but next Monday there will be a high noon standoff and we as Saints fans WILL BE VICTORIOUS. :ezpi_grr:

The Saints haven't won coming off of a Bye week since 2003. :etonnement-29:

Time to break the cycle and become REAL contenders in everyone's minds boys! The Lions, Eagles and Bills were warm ups... the Jets a real stepping stone... but next Monday there will be a high noon standoff and we as Saints fans WILL BE VICTORIOUS. :ezpi_grr:

Not entirely accurate. The 06' Payton Saints beat Philly in the playoffs after their first round bye.

Regular season, no win after bye, yes... Total season, no.

I think the big difference with this team besides the talent level and coaching is the veteren leadership and dues paid by vets on our roster.

Will Smith, Charles Grant, Drew Brees, Devery Henderson, and others since 06 have flirted with greatness and fell short which makes us hungry. Add the veteren leadership of Darren Sharper, Vilma, Drew Brees plus their desire to win and hunger for a ring............I think this is the most important overlooked factor in this teams refuesal to lose. I think we smoke the Giants.

Not entirely accurate. The 06' Payton Saints beat Philly in the playoffs after their first round bye.

Regular season, no win after bye, yes... Total season, no.
Really dude? :smilielol:

When I say "bye week" do you really think about regular season and playoff bye weeks in your head? :hihi:

Losses after the bye could have nothing to do with the bye putting a whammy on us. Most of it could be caused by coincidentally playing tough opponents. (like this time!)

After bye games:

2008: @ Atlanta (Loss)
2007: Panthers (Loss)
2006: Ravens (Loss)
2005: @Patriots* (Loss, technically a home game, but played @NE due to Katrina)
2004: @Chargers (Loss)
2003: Falcons (Win)

2009 will be known as the year we won the game after the bye week. and also the superbowl.

After bye games:

2008: @ Atlanta (Loss)
2007: Panthers (Loss)
2006: Ravens (Loss)
2004: @Chargers (Loss)
2003: Falcons (Win)

Yeah I would say by and large they were pretty tough ooponents......:mwink:

We also haven't went 4-0 since 1993. This is not the Saints team we've been familiar with for the past 15 years.

Yeah I would say by and large they were pretty tough ooponents......:mwink:

Ehhh splitting hairs but yeah I'll say they were tough enough. Not the whole reason though.

We also haven't went 4-0 since 1993. This is not the Saints team we've been familiar with for the past 15 years.
Here Here :9:

Ehhh splitting hairs but yeah I'll say they were tough enough. Not the whole reason though.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly playing decent teams after the bye wasn't the whole reason we lost. There had to be some kinda letdown in focus and intensity. It'll be interesting to see how we come out clicking on O and D after this bye.....but I think this time there won't be any letdown at all.

After bye games:

Uhm What? I'm pretty sure the only home game we had taken away was the game we played against the Giants where we were the "home" team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom